Going rate for an XVI

Started by Magic Knight, January 05, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Knight

I've been looking around for recent sales on the Internet, can't find any really. What's the going rate for an XVI with 4MB RAM, MIDI card and hard disk, and with a more reliable X68030 PSU installed?

Thanks!

H68k

QuoteI've been looking around for recent sales on the Internet, can't find any really. What's the going rate for an XVI with 4MB RAM, MIDI card and hard disk, and with a more reliable X68030 PSU installed?

With that lot?? not cheap...

I haven't really seen any juicy deals on a 'loaded' XVI model on YHJ auctions in a good couple of weeks now.. Bare XVI's are going for around 40k to 60k yen at the moment.

You won't get one with a '030 model PSU, as they use a slightly different pin-out from the XVI model... I've seen one or two XVI's with ATX psu mod's briefly appear... but some of those have been hack job's judging by the pictures... your better of making your own wire harness and using a Pico PSU if you want a neater and tidier job.

Magic Knight

Ah, I own the machine already, I'm wondering how much I could get if I were to sell it. I just don't know if the prices are high or low at the moment.

papa_november

It all depends on what the loaded hipsters feel like paying this week.

In my experience, they go for about what a base-model Atari Falcon goes for, which is 500 USD give or take a Benajmin or two. This is for one in tested/working/complete condition, of course.