looking for an old system modder mentor.

Started by horror77, October 03, 2008, 12:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horror77

hello all. Im not that new to modding old systems but wish i knew more. I guess sometimes I just have questions and wish I had some online peeps to chat with through out the day. Right now Im doing an Atari 5200 composite mod and have some questions about electronic materials I will need for the job. I like posting and getting results but I would rather get to know an all around good modder. I dont expect to learn your secrets or anything. I used to question Kamino and now he went awald and so now I want to meet more modders. Cheers and thanks..

NFG

What exactly are you asking for that this forum does not already provide?

l_oliveira

There's no "secrets" (or at least I believe so) on this forum. Posting a question/receiving an answer helps the community as the forum contains a nice "search" tool to allow people to find and read older topics/posts.
So post an objective question and the forum members will try to support you. :)

horror77

yes, i can totally agree with that statement. Im just looking to make an online friend is all. Sometime I have simple electronic questions and it would be nice to just IM instead of post but I do know how building up info on these forums are key. Thanks for the responses anyways. cheers

airthrow

Quote from: horror77 on October 06, 2008, 02:29:55 AM
yes, i can totally agree with that statement. Im just looking to make an online friend is all. Sometime I have simple electronic questions and it would be nice to just IM instead of post but I do know how building up info on these forums are key. Thanks for the responses anyways. cheers

If you want to chat, I have done a lot of mods (especially custom arcade sticks), it's my username here, plus "@hotmail.com" on msn.   :)

Drakon

Yesssssss, come to my wealth of knowledge.  Honestly over the years I've had SO many people ask me to teach them how to do some of the crap I do.  Then when I try to teach them I realize why they're coming to me....because they're so dumb that even when I sit down and explain how it works they can't wrap their head around the idea!!!!!  Really if you look hard enough you can find information on the internet on how to do pretty much....anything.  But nobody can actually force you to understand how it works.  Personally I've come across information I was interested in that was over my head.  Things like scart confused me a bit at first but after spending some time farting around with it I finally figured it out.  So I guess if you want a "mentor" or whatever, then first you have to somehow prove that you're atleast worth the time  ;D

horror77

thanks guys for the help. It makes incredible sense on why and how we do it this way. I was doing a lot of modding a month back and just wanted to find someone to chat with concerning electronics and other mod stuff. I am thinking of getting into simple robotics but with the way some of my mods have gone, I will read every manual I get. Thanks again fellas :)