News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

gba sp

Started by phreak97, June 29, 2004, 06:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

ok... i was doing what i usually do with a new console.. inspecting everything, inside and out.. or at least i was starting to do this, when i removed the battery to find a hole in the plastic creating access to a pot (potentiometer for those who didnt know, a small variable resistor)..
what does it do? i dont want to touch it untill i know.

phreak97

im dying to know what it does.. its designed so you can adjust it without taking the gba apart, but also so you cant adjust it with the battery in, which means you wont see its effects (i still do know what the effects actually are) untill after you have finished adjusting..
please someone tell me what this is for!!

martianviking

I remember reading about that little fella somewhere, but I can't remember the details.  I'd like to help you, but I did a couple of quick searches, and I couldn't find the same page I was reading.  Keep searching and you will.

NFG

On the original gameboy advance, and I assume this one also, this is a bias adjust for the screen.  It can control the contrast to some extent but is usually tuned by the factory and Nintendo says you can explode the sun itself if you tweak it.  Take that with the proverbial grain of salt...