WTB simple X68k system

Started by zoinknoise, June 17, 2014, 02:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoinknoise

hi all, i'm new here. i've been bitten by the bug and i would really like to get myself an x68k; i think it's a fascinating machine.

i've been messing around with hard drive images i downloaded on this forum and i would really like to step up and get myself the real hardware, then figure out some way to get those images working on it. (find an old SCSI drive? use a flash memory adapter? doesn't matter to me)

i'm not a "collector" and i don't care what kind of system i end up with, as long as it's compatible with most x68k software.  it doesn't have to have all the accessories, doesn't have to be mint. i don't even think i need a working floppy drive because i don't have any software on disk.

for what it's worth, i'm into DIY and i would even be okay with getting an X68k that needed minor repairs. anyone have a fixer-upper?

i'm located in the US and i understand how rare these machines are outside japan, so i'm in no rush. but if anyone here has any leads on where to get one, it would be greatly appreciated. peace--

eidis

Hi Zoinknoise !

Try asking BlueBMW. He is the man.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

BlueBMW

At the moment Ive got several project Expert systems which really will need at least one good floppy drive in order to set up to use with a CF hard drive.  Ive also got three compact xvi models in various states of not working right.  I know I dont have any good floppy drives for them so they would have to be hard drive only machines.