News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

green led flashing

Started by yukin, December 29, 2011, 12:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukin

i turn on the power supply on my x68k expert HD and the fan start turning. the green led on power is flashing. nothing else is happening. then i push the power button and it boot up normaly. what is the problem?
before when im turning the power supply on the power led was red so it was ok but now it always a green led flashing.

eidis

Hi Yukin,

Could this be an early sign for you to replace the capacitors ? Many strange and unexplainable behaviors can be linked to them so if you already haven't done it, please do it now while everything is still in working condition. Start with the PSU. Other components such as motherboard and floppy drives would benefit from new capacitors as well.

Best of luck,
Eidis

P.S. Alternatively you could try to clear SRAM and see if it helps. There is a program called SRAM_CLR.R which will let you do that. Get it here:
http://retropc.net/x68000/software/system/sram/sram_clr_r/index.htm

X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

yukin

i disconnect everything and i reconnect everything again. and the problem do not come out anymore. it will be strange its because ofthe capicator because when i buy it a couple month ago, the seller said he replace all the capicator on the motherboard, FD and power supply. i dont know what the problem was but everything is back to normal.

eidis

Glad to hear that you managed to repair it. I once had similar problem with my ACE HD which was linked to poor contact from I/O expansion port riser to motherboard. The system would not switch on. After reseating it the problem was gone. If you disconnected the signal cable which goes from the bottom board with the power switch and audio jacks to the main mainboard then the SRAM got cleared. It could have helped as well.

Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

yukin

My x68k expert HD is doing the same thing again. when i open the power supply, the power turn on automatic with no image on the monitor and the power led is flashing green. if i push the power button it will turn on normaly but is someone know if theres a error flashing code that exist to know what going on? i unplugged every single connector in the machine and it still doing the same thing.

eidis

Some while ago my arcade cabinet PSU started to behave strangely as well. It did not switch on at once as it used to when the power was applied. I replaced all capacitors, the problem became milder but was not gone and after some googling I now suspect that there could be faulty/leaky transistor/s. Might as well check them out.

Best of luck !
Eidis