Having trouble setting up my Xbox One controller (XM6 TypeG)

Started by mechattorney, May 06, 2024, 06:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mechattorney

Hi there,
I am new here and I have no experience with the Sharp X68000. I'm trying to configure my Xbox One controller, but when I open Options..., then Joystick... and click on Setup, I get an error message ("A required resource was unavailable"). I tried the same method with my other controllers (a 6 button Mega Drive controller and a PS4 controller), nothing worked. Do I need to find some additional DLLs and paste them into the emulator folder? I was only able to remap my Xbox One controller to my keyboard and play a few games with JoyKey mode on. I would prefer not to have to rely on JoyKey mode, as switching it on and off just to use a keyboard gets tedious.
Also, is there a way to exit to the OS/file manager from the game or is it necessary to reset the emulator each time.
Thanks in advance,
Bartosz

z964

I had the same problem with XM6 TypeG.  I was able to work around it by running an older version, configuring my controller, and then copying the config file to the newer version.

As far as exiting games, only a couple games support that.  That I know of, Die Bahnwelt and Gradius can do it.  Most x68000 games were designed to only be run by booting from their floppy disks, so the expectation was that there would be no OS to which to return.  At least, not a fully configured one with drivers loaded.

mechattorney

Thanks, man. Much appreciated. Copying the config file did the trick.