saturn vcd question

Started by sneex, October 24, 2004, 07:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sneex

i have a japanese white saturn and my vcd card works fine except on all vcds i put in, the title screen is minimized in the upper left corner and the rest of the screen is green. i burnt all of my vcds on nero and they work perfectly fine on all other vcd players. is the tiny title screen normal for the jvc card? and when i zoom in it is all pixelated too. done

NFG

I use lots of VCDs on the Saturn without problem, but the earlier revisions are a bit less tolerant of nonstandard discs.  RC-V3 is the best, the other two usually lose sync and genearlly don't play nice.

sneex

oh ok. i'll see if i can find out wtf rc-v3 means and see how it can help me. thanks a bunch. one day i will show a pic of my saturn. it has a color changing LED in the lid to see changing discs in the dark. nifty eh? no? ok nvm. peace.

dj898

RC-V3 is the last revision JVC made for JPN Saturn. It's called TwinOperator coz it can play both NTSC/PAL VCD as well as PhotoCD unlike Sega/Hitachi VCD card. There were RC-V1, V2 and only V2 and V3 are NTSC/PAL compatible.

expect to pay around $35-50 or more depends the condition and how complete...

cheers

dj898

Quoteoh ok. i'll see if i can find out wtf rc-v3 means and see how it can help me. thanks a bunch. one day i will show a pic of my saturn. it has a color changing LED in the lid to see changing discs in the dark. nifty eh? no? ok nvm. peace.
umm.. can't I turn on the light when changing the disc?  :D

sneex

yeah, but i'd be too comfortable on my happy ass.
so noone has seen the green menu screen? hmm...

i dont remember it having it on my american saturn, maybe it has something to do with my japanese saturn i have the vcd card in.

sneex

oh... and mine is rcv3 by the way. i know this cause i played both ntsc and pal vcds. both played fine. but still with the green screen.

dj898

weird... I also have HST-3220 Saturn w/ JVC Videocard and VCD plays just fine? I tried several VCD I bought from HK and Japan and they all works fine... By the way the TV I'm using is multi-format SONY that sync at 50/60Hz w/ PAL/NTSC...

cheers

sneex

wow... it was nero. i guess the saturn just handled the vcd code different or something. i tried other a test vcd i downloaded coded in gnu and the pictures worked perfect, but the video didnt work now. i wish i could get my old version of nero to work, but i think it expired. the nero that got the green screen for the vcd was the v.6 demo. version 5.5 burned vcds that worked with the saturn fine. what are other good (preferably free) vcd burners out there that you have tested on the second jvc card?