Any interest in Inside X68000 and Outside X68000 books?

Started by Magic Knight, November 07, 2012, 10:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Knight

Hey guys,

I'm selling all of my X68000 stuff, my games are all gone and I just want to clear out some books. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to offer them here, so please delete this if it's inappropriate. I'd prefer to ship them only within Japan.

I have these three:
Inside X68000: 6000 yen
Outside X68000 (includes schematics): 5000 yen
GCC Game Programming (missing the sample disk): 1000 yen

lydux

Oh s**t !!!

Man yes I am ! I (we) really need at least this Outside X68000 !

Because I only have internet at my work at the moment, I would like to deal with this as soon as possible.

lydux

Oh no sorry... I'm in France, is that really a problem ?

Magic Knight

BlueBMW

I'll buy it and get it scanned.  Magic Knight, I'm the guy buying the lot of games.  We might have to figure up another package.  I'll email you about it here in a bit.

This reminds me, I still need to scan this X68030C service manual I got.  Its got a bunch of crazy tech specs and schematics.  Unfortunately, its all in Japanese, and my Japanese skill is too limited to make too much use of it.

BlueBMW

Or lydux, I can see if my contact in Japan would be willing to ship it to you in France if you're really after the original books.

Magic Knight

Ok, I've put those two books in your big box ready to go when I get the payment through. Many thanks, nice to have some more space here.

lydux

Quote from: BlueBMW on November 08, 2012, 12:54:47 PM
Or lydux, I can see if my contact in Japan would be willing to ship it to you in France if you're really after the original books.

I don't especially need the original book, good scans will be fine.

Outside X68000 (and probably this 030 service manual) should contains most of the missing pieces of knowledges I need to reach the higher level. Things that I can hardly figure out by myself : custom ASICs pinouts, timings, wiring, ...

So, any help that could allow me to give an eye on this book will be highly appreciated.

Thank a lot BlueBMW !

caius

Quote from: lydux on November 09, 2012, 03:40:20 AM

Outside X68000 (and probably this 030 service manual) should contains most of the missing pieces of knowledges I need to reach the higher level. Things that I can hardly figure out by myself : custom ASICs pinouts, timings, wiring, ...

Higher level???You are already on the moon!Welcome back, master Lydux!Stay a while here, stay for ever! Ehhm, sorry, C64 reminescence....

BlueBMW

It might take some time before I can get scans of the inside/outside books.  But I will see if I cant scan this 68030C service manual this weekend.

Update:

Here's a few pics I snapped of some of the pages in this service manual.

Magic Knight

Your big monster box of stuff with the books and your games is on its way, so hopefully you'll get it soon. Heavy though!

I have the SX-Window ver. 3.1 System kit with disks and manuals boxed too, but that'll probably be too heavy to sell overseas. I also have to move my FM Towns stuff.

What's a Roland SC-88 worth these days, since I'll be selling all my X6800 hardware?

BlueBMW

Quote from: Magic Knight on November 09, 2012, 03:33:59 PM
Your big monster box of stuff with the books and your games is on its way, so hopefully you'll get it soon. Heavy though!

I have the SX-Window ver. 3.1 System kit with disks and manuals boxed too, but that'll probably be too heavy to sell overseas. I also have to move my FM Towns stuff.

What's a Roland SC-88 worth these days, since I'll be selling all my X6800 hardware?

I seem to remember seeing SC-88s for around $200 to $250 stateside.  Seemed like they were a little less in Japan but of course the overseas shipping makes them expensive.

The games etc will probably be broken up into a few well packed boxes sent by surface mail.  Thats how Ive been getting just about everything from Japan.  I dont think I have too much use for the sx kit, but sounds neat anyways.  I had an FM towns pc with tatsujin oh but traded it to a friend.  That stuff is just too hard to find and when you do it is soooooo expensive!

pmack

Hey Magic Knight,
Are you selling your FM Towns stuff? If so let me know, I am interested.
Thanks

Magic Knight

Quote from: pmack on November 13, 2012, 01:34:54 AM
Hey Magic Knight,
Are you selling your FM Towns stuff? If so let me know, I am interested.
Thanks

Yes, it's not much, just a Marty with its keyboard and mouse and three Lucasarts games, but I don't accept Paypal, so I'm mostly just selling to people in Japan.

BlueBMW

Some great news!

The Inside/Outside x68000 books have arrived!  Lydux, let me know how you want to handle this stuff.  If you want me to try and scan them I can or if you want them sent to you for scanning I can do that too.

lydux

As I've already said to you by PM, that's very good news ! Thanks a lot.
I think I will do the job, I have huge resolution scanners that I can use freely at work. Plus tools for correction and compilation for eventual PDF.

eidis

Lydux,

Is this the start of X68000 on an FPGA ? ;)

Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

lydux

Haha ! I was sure Eidis looking to this thread carrefully and waiting to ask for this question.

Humm... Yeah it is ! If you are an ASIC designer, this is a good start point for sure ! :D

Honestly, I've already started. But for fun, nothing really serious. Just the CPU, and something that does look like an advanced YUKI (x68030's memory controller) with sdram and flash control. It could boot an IPL up to the peripheral initialization stage, so almost nothing...

The first goal with these books is to have very good scans, and post them here.
Next is to understand and fix a common problem to ACE and PRO models related to the startup sequence.
After what I will think about an FPGA implementation... But damn, it will be hard !   :o

doubleflash

Hy BlueBMW,

how long do you need to scan the outside x68000 book ??
that would be a great addition for the scene, the repair of x68000 would be much easier.

greets doubleflash
Evil Mad Science always win

BlueBMW

Actually, the books are in Lydux's possession.  He has already scanned in some of the schematics.  They are available innthe file archives.

lydux

Hi Doubleflash,

Yes, all schematics are done. You can grab them here : http://nfggames.com/X68000/Schematics/Outside%20X68000%20-%20Schematics/

The book itself is not really interesting. Just contains some presentation, descriptions and pictures about Sharp official addons cards. I will scan it later.

You can also grab the whole X68030 service manual here : http://nfggames.com/X68000/Schematics/CZ-147%20-%20X68030%20Service%20Manual/

doubleflash

Hi lydux,

Great thanks for this work, the scans are great.

greets
doubleflash
Evil Mad Science always win