News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

sram help

Started by sy35, March 22, 2013, 07:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sy35

Hi,

i am looking for some one who can help me by make me a copy of this disk with the small program on it so i can reset my sram here in the UK if possible please here is the info on it.

If you have an older machine the process is more involved. You'll need a debugger of some kind. This site recommends you use the one from C Compiler PRO-68K. Boot the first disk (an image is in the archive called "XC2101I.LZH"). After answering "N" to the prompt that pops up it should dump you back in HumanOS.
As i have no pc as of yet that i can make copy's on to floppy yet but i am work on it. i will pay for cost of disk and post cost if you let me know how much.
thanks

caius

Hi.I want to help you but I'm located in Italy.I have already created and used that disk a couple of time.But are you sure your issue is related to SRAM clear?What kind of system do you have?Have you tried the hard clear first pressing CLR while booting (you can do this only if you have a newer system)?

sy35

Hi,

as far as i no it is the sram issues as i have replaced the battery. The system i have is a ace. the problem i have is when i put my system disk in and do the switch.x to set my ram i dont not get the same screen as you see on that video on youtube. i have to type in mem=6144kb to set my ram. them it will not keep it. i also have a hard drive in it and i do not no how to see what is on it. as i have put this in out of my ace hd that is not working at the minute. 

lydux

If the system does not keep your settings on next poweron, then it's because there is no power supply on the sram while in power off condition. The configuration data can't be hold on the sram and will be filled with random values on next power on, so the bios keep resetting it at boot time.
Meaning you battery is faulty or not fully charged.

By which kind of battery do you have replaced ?

Also, be sure about the polarity.

sy35

hi,

the battery i have is this one Buy Nickel Hydride Batteries (Recahrgeable) 3.6V 70mAh from Varta.

Incorporating the following features: mempac flat rechargeable NiMH battery, 80mAh capacity, 3.6V nominal voltage, 7mA charging current, 16hrs charging time, solder tag terminal, 0°C to +65°C operating temperature, 11mm long, 16mm wide, 16mm high, 15g weight, 3 cell, miniature PCB mounting battery employing Varta's advanced nickel metal hydride (NiMH) technology, contains 0% cadmium, 0% lead, and 0% mercury, suitable drop in replacements for nickel cadmium cells, suitable drop in replacements for nickel cadmium cells, these batteries are designed for memory backup (MBU) and support to RTC (real time clock) in various electronic applications, Ni-MHZ button cell batteries in the charged state are suitable for wave soldering, typical applications are PCs, notebooks, VCR, car stereo, etc.
Capacity   80 mAh
Charging Current   7 mA
Charging Time   16hrs
Height   16 mm
Length   11 mm
Nominal Voltage   3.6 V
Operating Temperature Range   0°C to +65°C
Terminal Type   Solder Tag
Weight   15 g
Width   16 mm
Brand   Varta

lydux

Ok, sound good to me.

the problem i have is when i put my system disk in and do the switch.x to set my ram i dont not get the same screen as you see on that video on youtube.
Please, give us more precisions.
Which video are you talking about ? And what screen do you get when you run switch.x ?
Because I can't see how you could get a different screen than all of us by using the same tool...

Also, again : make sure you have soldered your new battery in the correct orientation !

lydux

Update :
I got it, sy35 send to me those pictures by mail :

He is using Human68K v1. I'm going to send him a v3.02.

caius

So, Master, switch.x cannot work properly under Human v1?

sy35

Hi

so if  Master, switch.x cannot work properly under Human v1. that means it on my not my sram. so how do i get it to keep its setting using the version 1 human setting .  i can do the switch.x  but i have to put in mem=6144kb and the enter and it will put the memory in but when it is turn off or it i reset it to put a game in i will lose the setting again and i have to do it all again.   

neko68k

Quote from: caius on March 24, 2013, 01:54:49 AM
Human v1 came with a command line version of switch.x, not the menu based one in later versions.

sy35

Quote from: neko68k on April 03, 2013, 07:08:52 AM
Quote from: caius on March 24, 2013, 01:54:49 AM
Human v1 came with a command line version of switch.x, not the menu based one in later versions.
so how i can i get it to save the ram setting on it on the command line. all i know is that if i put in mem=6144kb and enter it finds it but it will not save it.

neko68k

your battery is dead or otherwise not providing power/enough power to keep the sram from losing its data. alternatively, you could add the switch.x command to your autoexec.bat file so it runs at boot every time.