Does my pal N64 do S-Video ???

Started by peppersteak@hotmail.com, October 29, 2003, 12:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peppersteak@hotmail.com

Now i discovered that my N64 (DENC-NUS) does not do RGB i would like to know what happens if i use a S-Video cable? Will that work?

S-Video is still better than composite video.

NFG

AS far as I know all N64 systems support S-video output.

Guest_peppersteak@hotmail.com

In that case i can better order a s-video cable instead of trying to get it connected with RGB, much easier and the quality isn't that much different.
Thanks!

Shadow_Zero

Wasn't it the case that only 1st generation N64's support s-video?
And that the transparent versions don't even support s-video?

On a side note, when playing NTSC games with a converter on a PAL N64, will it play 60 or 50hz then?

eek

The converter I have forces the game to run at whatever default frequency the game is. So, a PAL game on a NTSC N64 still runs at 50Hz.

I use S-Video with my PAL N64 as well.

Hi,

I have the transparent version of N64 PAL and s-video doesn�t work.

Upping this old 2-year old topic ^^'

Okay, so a PAL N64 CAN output S-VHS, and only new style clear N64 can't, is it?

I just realised that the official N64 S-VHS cable can only be bought on Nintendo of America's site. Does anyone know where I can get such official cables from somewhere else (on eBay, S-VHS cables are ALL 3rd party, which sucks)? Cause anyway they only ship to US and I'm in Europe.

thx

Endymion

1. I don't know what sucks about a third-party s-video (not S-VHS) cable, because all it is doing is connecting two points to one another. I have three different s-video N64 cables and they're all excellent.

2. If Guest second removed is to be believed it would appear that only the PAL transparent N64s cannot do s-video, because my NTSC transparent N64 does s-video just fine.