Rectangular Blue Leds

Started by TJ_Kat, February 19, 2005, 08:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Kat

Does anyone know of anyplace I could order 2mm x 5mm x 7mm rectangular blue leds from?

None of the electronics stores in my craptastic city carry any (several places even insisted they don't exist).

I've been scouring the internet all afternoon, and have only met with limited success. I found a few places that have them with diffuse blue lenses. While these would be acceptable, I would prefere ones with diffuse white lenses.

Agentspikey95

hey, could you point me to the source you found for diffuse blue ones? Been looking for these for a year.
Why are you reading this?

atom

Most "square" led's I have seen are round LED's stuck in a square thing. But yeah, sucks getting parts around here too. 2 bucks an LED at my radio shack.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

NFG

I bought a string of blue LEDs, 100 of 'em, for $30 at Costco in Japan.  They're supposed to be xmas lights, but meh - cut 'em up and use 'em wherever.

I haven't actually checked to see that they're a usable voltage, but I don't expect any problems.  

Apparently ebay is also a great source for cheap LEDs.  So I hear.

TJ_Kat

Nah, I tried ebay. nothing in blue.

Anyway, this page has blue rectangular leds. I'm not actually sure what the lense color is for the blue ones, so this is probably the one I'm going to be ordering from...

There's also this site. They have sample request forms, so if you "need them for business purposes" you can probably get some free.

There were a couple other sites I found, but they required you to phone in for price quotes and orders.

I haven't even checked radio shack, nor will I. I refuse to shop there after my last experience with their "helpful" staff.