Audio Out Problem

Started by SAM, September 22, 2005, 03:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAM

I am connecting my PS2/PS1 console to my newly acquired acrade monitor. I built the sync seperation circuit (the one using LM1881N chip) within the PS2 RGB plug.

The picture could be displayed on my arcade monitor now, but I notice that I only got Left audio out from the RGB cable with the sync seperation circuit.

I run some tests...

(1) Connect a old PS1 console (w/ separate Composit Vedio and Audio out) using the RGB cable. I found altrough the sound pins of the RGB cable is Left side only, I got Seotro sound from the seperate Audio out of the console.

(2) Plug an Euro Scrat cable (w/o sync seperation circuit) to the console, and I got sound from both left and right channels.

(3) Only connect specker to the Right Audio out pin (Left Audio out pin is not connected) of the RGB cable. I got the Right side Audio playing.

Disconnect the Right Audio out Pin, and connect the specker to the Left Audio Out Pin. I got the Left side Audio Playing.

Connect both pins to the speckers. I got only the Left side Audio Playing.

Any idea of what happening?

My guess is may be the sync seperate circuit is drawing too much power from the PlayStation's AV put port (I am using the +5V DC pin to provide power for the LM1881N chip).

I am going to disconnect the sync seperate circuit to night and see if I can get back the Right Audio Out. If the Right Audio Out did come back after I disconnect the circuit, I would then need a seperate power supply for the chip...

Anyone know what is happening? Please help.

Aidan

Check, double check and triple check your wiring and the continuity of the wires involved. If you overload the power lines on the PS1, you'll probably blow an internal fuse. From memory, I didn't think the PS1 had a +5V line from it's PSU. I thought there was a 7.xV line and a 3.3V line?
[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]