VGA to 1084s-d1 RGB

Started by edamame, May 01, 2010, 11:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edamame

Hiya,

I'm trying to rig up my first RGB cable, a VGA to 1084S-D1 9 pin d-sub RGB connector. Using the pinout located at http://www.gamesx.com/hwb/co_C1084dd.html, I connected the ground, RGB, and horiz/vert sync (to csync) and the result is a rather scrambled looking rolling picture. Any ideas where to go from here or if anything is obviously wrong?

Thanks!

viletim

Is you video frequency within range of the monitor? That is 15.6-15.8 KHz horiz, 60 or 50 Hz vert.

Connecting H/V sync together does not make composite sync. Instead use:

edamame

Probably not, I couldn't figure out how to configure Powerstrip and Soft 15Khz didn't seem to like my OS/GPU. Going to give this another try tonight with proper C-sync and an older computer, thanks!

edamame

Was not able to pick up the resistor needed yesterday so I was tinkering with this again. I ended up wiring H sync and V sync to pins 8 and 9 and it works with the 1084 set to digital RGB and Powerstrip set to an arcade custom resolution. I am currently unable to use Soft 15khz because I only have PCs with Vista and 7 at the moment :(

AdvanceMAME works fine but the resolution still seems scaled. I wonder if this is due to using digital RGB or the Powerstrip settings being slightly off. Will mess with it some more when I get home tonight   ;D