3rd strike with a saturn pad

Started by STP, December 09, 2003, 05:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STP

i've been searching for a solution to play 3rd strike with a japanese saturn pad.
but every converter i've tested jet sets a,b,x,y,l,r instead of a,b,c,x,y,z.
but i hate to play beat em ups using the l+r trigger buttons.

now i'd like to mod my pad or build an adapter even if it means to make the pad useless for other games.

gunknown

there is one saturn to dreamcast converter that works for sf3:3rd strike, actually, its called Total Control 3 and used to be available at lik-sang.com. It registers all the 6 face buttons and the shoulders, but who cares bout those, eh :) I havent checked in a while i dont know if theres a stock. I hope you get to read this message after 10 months no replies tho :P i feel your pain. good luck!

Hey I've modified my japanese saturn pad to works with psx/ps2 ! I've just bought cheap psx pad, sliced out the plate to fit in the saturn pad, and then solder all wires to the psx board and link them with saturn plate (before that i've took off saturn chip). It' works great but there is missing L2 on saturn pad :D 'cause on the L trigger i've solder SELECT :D for quick quite game. Its great for SF 3 tts, and other 2d fighters.

i dont understand what your saying. i opened another topic about satpad on a playstation though. what in the world is slicing out a pad? how can it possibly fit, if the psx/2 has four face buttons and a sat pad has 6?? im into using 6 face buttons, especially for 2d fighters ...