REAL HDD Image LZH on X68000 Emulator ?

Started by Siggy12, January 11, 2012, 11:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siggy12

Hello to everyone.
thanks for this beautiful X68000 forum is simply awesome.
I have a noob or prof question....
for start I'll say to you that I'm able to run the emulator
with HD image and floppy I have also played many fantastics games.
my problem is that
I have downloaded some HDD file from this fantastic website ftp as you all know they are in LZH format..
1) I can't uncompress it even with winrar or 7zip :( probably i have to uncompress them via X68000 emulator with LZH tool ?
if yes what i need ? and what i have to do ?
2) one time that image is uncompressed how I can play it in emulator ?
please can someone make some really easy to0 understand example in what I have to do for solve this problem ?
I have downloaded OlteusII_HDD.lhz and i'd like to play it on emulator :).

Thank You for your help

Siggy.

eidis

Hi Siggy12 !

Welcome to our forum !

I'll try to answer your both questions in one shot. Unfortunately the files with LZH extension are not HDD images but ordinary archived files. You can try to extract them with latest WinRar. It will throw an error but the files should unarchive fine. You will have to download X68000.zip or X68000v2.zip HDD image. Then you can use DiskExplorer to import the unarchived files into the image file. There should be a readme.txt file in the LZH archive with instruction in which directory to import.

Check out this article for more info:
http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:sxsi_disk_image_with_games_and_lots_of_mdx_files

X68000 V2 image file:
http://nfggames.com/X68000/Games/X68000v2.zip

Best of luck !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

Siggy12

Hello Eidis and Thank You for Your reply.
i didn't know that for these image I need the complete v2 hard disk that you released time ago :)
i have another question always if you want to help me.
if I want to make Olteus 2 back on 2 xdf floppy image ?
I saw in the structure there are directory A and B I suppose disk a and disk b and other directory
is it possible ?

Thank you for your help and support

Siggy.

eidis

X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

Siggy12

Well!!!
first of all Thank You !!!
I really can't find any word are months taht I'm finding this game and finally thanks to You I have it :)
you make me very happy.

Thank you again Eidis!

P.S. I have folloved the instructiosn about inserting new games inside the hard drive... it work like a charm :)
all those games inside one hard drive are really and simply awesome :).
P.P.S when a new hard drive will be realesed ;) ?

craiganderson

Quote from: eidis on January 12, 2012, 04:07:15 AM
Hi !

I will spare you the torture. Download it here ;)

www.megaupload.com/?d=E3ILEIE6

Eidis

any chance someone can share RR in .xdf or .dim. or something playable?
thank you either way
craig