News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Strange SCSI board

Started by famiac, March 18, 2015, 07:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

famiac

hey guys, i'm not exactly sure what this board is/does. I found it inside my x68k when i bought it.

I think it might be a Mach 2 SCSI host but looks like there's RAM in there?

Can someone help me out?
Here's a photo:

BlueBMW

I think there were some mach 2 boards that also had ram.

famiac

How do i check how much is on here?

hyperneogeo

Quote from: famiac on March 18, 2015, 10:11:59 AM
How do i check how much is on here?

Looks up the chips on the ram and see how much 1 is and then multiple that by how many there is on the ram (front and back).

eidis

Hi Famiac !

There are 16 pieces of MT4C400 1 MEG x 4 BIT DRAM chips. A pair of two chips form 8 BIT, which is required by X68000, and it looks like the SIMM module has 8MB capacity.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

famiac

Oh wow so this doubles as an 8MB ram board?

I'll test it out. It'll be for sale soon.

Is there any particular advantage to the Mach 2 boards?

BlueBMW

I think they support faster data rates.  So later scsi devices might work better.

I'm not sure if those boards need a particular driver installed before they'll work.  One of these other guys should know.

rano_yuki

I know you have never seen the real thing, the type where there is a parallel port to "Mach-2" expansion board should did not. Is there until "Mach-2p" of SCSI + memory slot, but, what with a further parallel port had never heard before.

Where it was examined, seems to conform to the configuration of Tsukumo Denki (九十九電機) made of "TS-6BS1mkII '(mk2 dash)" s product called the SCSI + memory slot + parallel port.

In the past the log of 2ch.net of Japan, I found the writing applicable, please refer to.
http://bubble3.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/i4004/1114339360/48/

By the way, because "Mach-2" s and a SCSI-2 expansion board has the advantage for the data transfer rate. But "TS-6BS1mkII '(mk2 dash)" will think that there is no advantage of the data transfer rate because the supposed expansion boards of SCSI-1.

(This post has been translated into English using Google Translate a document that was written in Japanese.)

famiac

famiac

What could one gain, besides ram, with this board that one could not gain using the sxsi driver

rano_yuki

SxSI?
Because SxSI is a driver for using a SCSI device in the SASI port only X68000, but you should not need this time to use?
Since the function of the corresponding SCSI-BIOS referred to in the PC to the SCSI expansion board itself is built, you should be able to directly recognize if SCSI-HDD.

In order to ascertain whether the SCSI expansion board has been recognized properly in X68000, please use the software called AskSCSI.

AskSCSI V1.13A
http://nfggames.com/x68000/Mirrors/x68pub/x68tools/DISK/SCSI/ASS_113A.LZH

In addition, if you use the MO and the CD-ROM, please use the driver called SUSIE.

susie 1.19A
http://nfggames.com/x68000/Mirrors/x68pub/x68tools/DISK/SCSI/sse_119a.lzh

(This post has been translated into English using Google Translate a document that was written in Japanese.)

famiac

That's not what i was asking, however that is still very useful information. Thank you!