X-RGB-3 Confirmation

Started by cyphatic, September 24, 2004, 05:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphatic

Hi everybody!  I've come here a couple times to dig through the forums for help, and stop in occasionally to read the latest in what's going on with the video processing side of games, since I'm a bit of a videophile.  So anyways, just greeting before I get into my bloated post.

I contacted Micomsoft in a babelfish translated japanese form of electronic mail.  I felt bad about doing it, especially since the important words were in english anyways.  :P

My email to micomsoft (in japanese  :ph34r: )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subject: XRGB3/HDTV?

私はXRGB-2 の幸せな所有者とである。XRGB-3 のためのあらゆる計画があるか。その場合、あらゆる計画入る
HDTV のためのあったりまたは渡るか。または多分transcoder の統合か。
ありがとう、
My Name
!!! 私はアメリカ/英語、これのために訳者を使用した。それが意味を成さなければ残念。
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically asks if there's an xrgb3 in development, and if it will be handling/passing on/transcoding HDTV reses. I figured it was a shot in the dark, I love my XRGB2 (Plus  <_< ), but the idea of not having to swap cables anymore (IE Transcoder XRGB with a D-Select) would be the peak of luxury.  So I get home tonight, a little buzzed from hookah, wonderfully satiated from a green salad, jalapeno poppers, and spicy chicken, and ecstatic about a new contract I have (so basically not expecting this night to get any better) and WHAM!!!!  A reply from micomsoft!!  :D   :lol:  :D  :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello.

Thank you for mail.

Although a new product(XRGB-3?!) is under development, it cannot answer in detail.
However, it will become the wonderful spec. which replies to expectation of a user.
Please wait to a slight degree to an announcement.

Thank you.

matsushita@micomsoft.co.jp
http://www.micomsoft.co.jp

Katsuhiro Matsushita
MICOMSOFT CO.,LTD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems that my japanese was so obviously babelfished, that they replied in engrish cause they're such sweethearts.    If they didn't use a translator, I got mad love for them for trying so hard.  It's actually the quality of english that actually makes the descriptions better.  Wonderful spec.  That's awesome, and going into my vocabulary.

So anyways, didn't check if there's been any posts on the 3 yet, but was in rush to share this with you all before I got to work (take home work at 4 in the morning is so great, I hope none of you ever get the opportunity to enjoy it, cause I'm selfish like that)

Toodles!

Cyphatic

Computolio

You got some maaad Babelfish skillz, dude.

cyphatic

Hey man how you been?  It's been years!

Oh and I babelfished back my japanese email to english, and ya, it's REGRETTABLE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am with the happy owner of XRGB-2. Are there all plans for XRGB-3? In that case, all plans for HDTV which enters it is and/or or crosses? Or perhaps the integration of transcoder? Thank you, <My Name>! ! ! I America/English, used the translator because of this. If that does not form meaning, regrettable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

benzaldehyde

For bringing this news to the only place on Earth folks could get excited over it, I'm nominating cyphatic as the Official New Member of the Week.*

Here's hoping they can iron out some of the wobble issues within the previous models. :lol:

* That would be, if such an award existed. I'm expecting a severe brow-beating from Lawrence for the very mention of it. :P

D-Lite

QuoteFor bringing this news to the only place on Earth folks could get excited over it, I'm nominating cyphatic as the Official New Member of the Week.*

Here's hoping they can iron out some of the wobble issues within the previous models. :lol:

* That would be, if such an award existed. I'm expecting a severe brow-beating from Lawrence for the very mention of it. :P
Funny thing is, he'll be a newb forever since it seems even you are still a Neophyte with 211 posts.

Lawrence, time to change the custom rank system?

NFG

QuoteI'm expecting a severe brow-beating from Lawrence
The beatings are swift, violent and entirely random.  If you're expecting it, it won't happen.  When you forget, I strike.

QuoteLawrence, time to change the custom rank system?
Yeah, it's a little out of date.  Suggestions?

D-Lite

QuoteI'm expecting a severe brow-beating from Lawrence
The beatings are swift, violent and entirely random.  If you're expecting it, it won't happen.  When you forget, I strike.

QuoteLawrence, time to change the custom rank system?
Yeah, it's a little out of date.  Suggestions?
Yeah, make me "2nd in Command" and make Matt "Genius at Large"  (where is he these days?  Matt Ross I mean).

Seriously, how about a theme for rankings.  Like military or electronic.  Someone at 0-10 posts could be Breadboard, 10-50 maybe Chairman of Capacitance, 50-100 perhaps Leader of the Resistance, 100-150 could be Double-Pole Double-Throw, etc, etc. Yes, massively dorky, but would be entertainment.

Hojo_Norem

How about a rank for those who have been members for a long time, but post infrequently, only deciding to dispence their little nuggets of info or to ask that can't be answered anywhere else no matter how much you google question?

Just can't think of what to call it....

EDIT:  How about basing the ranks on the member number or how long the member has been a member (if possible).
Formerly 'butter_pat_head'

cyphatic

I'll take any rank..

So what do you guys wanna see in the xrgb3?

NFG

My needs are simple:

The XRGB-3 should be a transverting PCB-friendly upscan unit capable of outputting and accepting low-res RGB to high-res component and outputting either.  

Computolio

I need it to be able to pass a VGA signal through the RGB port for systems that wantonly switch between 15 and 31 KHZ on the same cable. I also need it to be more easily switchable between the SCART and JRGB pinouts without the need for soldering or an adapter.

Other niceties: the ability to upscan the 24KHZ signals used by some computers and arcade boards. Handling progressive component would be great too, even if that means raising the price.

Martin

"You hot spunky kid, I hate spunk." ~ SNK definatly were drug addicts at some stage.
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]