xbox Component

Started by MidasX, February 28, 2008, 11:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidasX

ok I have the pinouts http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/xbox.htm to get started but I ran in to a simple problem. I don't understand the mode table pins....
the cable I want to make has pr, y, pb, video, sp-dif and L,R, audio.
this is all I got. please some one help me.
connection    pin
Pr                22,21
Y                 11,12
Pb                09,10
Video            ??,??
----------------------------
AUDIO R        01,02
AUDIO L        14,15
SP-DIF           ??,??

Xbox and hdtv are NTSC

NFG

I'm not sure how the table can be confusing:  It says blue = ground, and shows you which pins should be blue (connected to ground) to enable certain outputs.  If you want component output, then it seems clear to me you want to ground pins 18 and 19.

Why are you trying to connect both SPDIF and R/L audio?  Wouldn't you use one or the other?

And why are you trying to connect video at the same time as component?

As the page says, you set the MODE pins to specify outputs.  All audio outputs are on at the same time, but the video outputs change.  As you see, you can't have VIDEO and COMPONENT at the same time.

MidasX

I'm kinda making a connection box with female rca connectors. so when I hook it up to difrent tv's I don't have to go searching for the diffrent cords. I just wasn't sure about the chart and I asked just didn't want to jup in and mess my system or tv up. Now about the sp-dif audo. the Inner pin of the connector of the wire is pin 3 but what pin would be the outter contact of the connector? would it be pin 8 GND??

thanks.

NFG

All signals have to have ground, but it doesn't matter where you get it from.  If pin 8 is convenient, you can use it.

MidasX

thanks Lawrence for your help.

Finished every thing but the 4 wires for the s-video connector and I haven't drilled holes for the 3 mode slider switches. but I tested out the component and it works great. I've got a crisp and clear picture. and the sound is decent too. another thing I have to make is a source switch for my sp-dif input on my surround sound. I have 3 sources and only one input. I salvaged the wires from a network patch cable. It was an excelent source sinice I have so many kicking around.

Midas