Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Damaged traces

Started by costa, February 09, 2015, 06:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

costa

emerald danjon

Hi,Rewire...,
just be sure where the trace go...and rewire...,look for the most fine cable.

eidis

Hi Costa !

Of course it can be saved. Carefully scrape off the corrosion with a tiny flat head screwdriver, wash off the residue with isopropyl alcohol and put some fresh solder on the exposed and cleaned traces. Once finished, test for continuity. If everything is good, you can even apply nail varnish over the repaired area to make it even more corrosion proof.

P.S. There will be times when you will want to repair something more fragile, let's say a keyboard membrane. In such cases conductive glue should be used.

Conductive Glue Wire Electrically Paste Adhesive Paint PCB Repair 0.2ML Silver G
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Conductive-Glue-Wire-Electrically-Paste-Adhesive-Paint-PCB-Repair-0-2ML-Silver-G-/350967787926?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item51b74f7196

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

costa

The two wide traces under the battery wires are easy.

I am really concerned about the bus that run just below the blue wire to the central CI.
I have tested already for continuity and several of them are bad.

... and they are really thin!

eidis

Hi Costa !

The same principle applies to tiny traces as well. Only this time you will need a digital microscope.

USB Digital Microscope 50X-500X Zoom Magnifier Handheld 2.0 MP Video Camera
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Digital-Microscope-50X-500X-Zoom-Magnifier-Handheld-2-0-MP-Video-Camera-/221315062261?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item338767d9f5

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

costa

I got that one already!
:)

Let´s see, hope I don´t have to do that.