Japanese Playstation 2 + NA HDD Adapter + BBNAV=??

Started by Matarick, May 16, 2006, 02:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matarick

Hello,

I won a Japanese Playstation 2 a month ago and I wonder that I can format the North American PS2 HDD, with the North American Network Adapter, on the BB Navigator Disc.

I tried booting the HDD with the Japanese Playstation 2 but it wouldn't notice the hard drive at all.  I attached the same HDD unit on a North American Playstation 2 and it detected the HDD.  I wonder if there is something wrong with the contacts or should I obtain the BBNav disc and just reformat the HDD.

Is the HDD hard wired for a certain region or it is just a software thing.  I am not using any pirated discs, I just thought the mod is just using non Japanese region hardware on a JPN PS2.  Also, i tried looking for the BBNav disc online but I could not order it from Nippon Export due to "the staff is small" bit.

Thank you in advance

Matarick

Update:

It does work.

I formatted my US PS2 HDD and it worked with the US Network Adapter.

I got the disc from Nippon Export and fit the US PS2 HDD with Network Adapter into my Japanese PS2.

Just follow these instructions and you are good to go.

I am glad I am able to install my favorite Japanese games and Street Fighter Zero: Fighter's Generations boots like a dream.