XBox or Gamecube Controller to PS2, Possible?

Started by JimSifu, September 03, 2004, 04:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimSifu

Hi all,

Is there a way to connect an XBox or gamecube controller to the sony ps2 ? If so, how it's possible ?

thx in advance :)

JimSifu

NFG

I'm gonna make up a FAQ for everyone who asks these questions, and it's going to have only one item in it:

A. Anything's possible, but unless you're prepared to sacrifice one controller for the system you're connecting TO, in addition to one that you want to USE, then your only option is to learn microcontroller assembly language and write a program to decode and re-encode the data stream from the preferred controller to the target system.

Or wait for someone in HongKong to make a commercial adaptor and hope it doesn't suck.

atom

Yes, this question has been covered so many times. It covers converting anything to anything. http://nfg.2y.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=873

Basically it is costly and just not worth it.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Adeptus

I think I have seen these adaptors in the Hong Kong online stores, but I may be wrong. (PSX to almost anything, yes. Others to PSX, not sure.)

glitched_firewall

doesnt seem like it would be too complicated since i just saw a controller converter at my local gamestop the other day...

NFG

Quotedoesnt seem like it would be too complicated since i just saw a controller converter at my local gamestop the other day...
It's not complicated at all, making a controller adaptor is a super-simple matter as long as you've got the ability to make your own PCBs, write a program in assembly to read one controller and convert it to another kind of protocol for the output, and you've got a programmer to burn the code into the chip, the ability to wire it all together, the time to do it...

Put another way, everything's easy if you've got the knowledge and the tools.  

Ultimate Dev'r

Quotewrite a program in assembly to read one controller and convert it to another kind of protocol for the output,

Are there any sites dedicated to stuff like that, with command protocols, etc. of different controllers?