PS2/PS1 Rumble Power

Started by ReRuss, January 28, 2005, 08:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReRuss

Yea wondering about the amount of power I need that's pretty safe , I was thinking a 9v battery replacement wall plugin would work , outputs like a 9v battery constantly.

OR what rating would I need to get rumble power without killin the pad?

Aidan

The PS applies ~7v as a higher voltage supply for those devices that need more power for whatever reason.

Make sure that any wall wart you do use is regulated, as unregulated ones can often put out a much higher voltage when there's nothing drawing power.
[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]

ReRuss

So a 7v regulated is what I'd need?

Would I need any sort of diodes for protection?

Aidan

You might not be able to find a 7v regulated output, but read on.

The diodes are not for protection per se, but often used as they drop about 1.2v per diode. (Many parallel port adapters use this trick to drop the 5V to 3.8v). You can use this concept to drop the voltage from 9v to about 7.8v (which /should/ be fine) by adding a diode in series with the output from a 9v regulated PSU. Make sure that the diode can handle the power though.
[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]

ReRuss

I ended up tryin a 9v battery eliminator , all my testing show it works fine with rumble.

Sadly I don't ave any games that use rumble , even the rumble emulator that you can use for Vice City , it just doesn't see the pad as a rumble pad.