xbox cable on a hub giving me troubles

Started by ulao, September 05, 2009, 12:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulao

Using the XBCD driver and a slandered 4 wire cable wiring.

I never had this trouble before today, but for what ever reason my controller does not work unless its plugged directly in to a usb port. I have tried on 5 types of hubs and all for the most part complain about power. I also tried on a few computers and get the same issue. What really confuses me is a I never had this issue before. In the past I built a few four port Xbox adapters running just fine.

Should this not be the case? Or is this normal and I was just lucky before hand. I'm guessing its a controller limitation as I get the power exceed indication before it asks for th XBCD  driver.

I was also thinking its the cable, and plan to swap that out ( its only 1 foot ). The shield from the XBOX is connected to ground.  I really dont see how that is a problem but may test a no shield hook up later today.

_____
Test the shield as I figure, same issue, with or without.
Also tried a 5v supply and the power hub now supports the xbox, however I need to find a way not to? Anyone know how many ma the Xbox controller pulls?

Waterbury

Have you tried reverting to the MS drivers and trying again? It MAY be possible that the XBCD drivers is telling your PC that the controller requires more mA than the MS drivers. Is this the original controller or the 360 controller?

ulao

yeah original ,, say what now?? ms driver. wow first I heard of that, where are they? - I have seen 360 drivers but not for XBOX1, are they the same?

Waterbury

No. MS drivers are only available for the 360 Controllers. If you are having issues with the original Xbox controllers then sorry dude, I have no clue.  :(