Ps1 Controller repair - pinout query

Started by eddebaby, April 29, 2009, 12:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddebaby

Hi,

I got a broken PS1 pad that I've been trying to repair today. The cable seems to be the offending item so I cut it shorter and got around the break/short that was in there. Unfortunately when I desoldered the cable fromt he PCB I forgot to note which wire connects to which point- Doh!

I've been searching the web but I haven't found this particular PCB. Slagcoin has quite a few pictures but mine isn't one of them. It's a SCPH-1200 (not A, H or M subtype), made in Japan and it's in a transparent blue shell.

Here's some pics:

I couldn't be bothered to put it back together so here's the shell on it's own.

Here's the PCB:

And here's a closeup of the pins - I've marked the one I believe to be correct.

If anyone has one of these and doesn't mind cracking it open to check what goes where I'd be very grateful. In the mean time I've got 120 possible combinations to try - if my assumptions are correct - otherwise it'll be up to 5040!

All of the point go straight into the dreaded black blob (except for the left two) so I don't see anyway to work out the correct wires from the PCB. Please chip in if you know better.

Cheers,
eddebaby

micro

I've got a transparent green Dual Shock 1 Controller, model number SCPH-1200.

But the PCB looks completely different. Nevertheless, here's the pinout:

RED - BLACK - GREEN - YELLOW - ORANGE - BROWN - BLUE - GRAY - PURPLE

eddebaby

Quote from: micro on April 29, 2009, 02:05:11 AM
I've got a transparent green Dual Shock 1 Controller, model number SCPH-1200.

But the PCB looks completely different. Nevertheless, here's the pinout:

RED - BLACK - GREEN - YELLOW - ORANGE - BROWN - BLUE - GRAY - PURPLE

Thanks a lot but I'm 99% sure that the left most two are |GRAY - BLACK | or |Vibration Power - Ground| (due to where these pins go to on my PCB).

Also my controller only uses 8 wires and not 9 like yours :( Either way I tried |GRAY - BLACK - GREEN - YELLOW - ORANGE - BROWN - BLUE - RED | which seemed the closest to you pinout, but that didn't work.

Hopefully someone else has this PCB inside one of their pads. Oh, I didn't mention before but I'm in the UK so these may be European exclusive PCBs?

My PCB seems most similar to Playstation 1 Dual Shock A (Early Version). If any one has one of these could you list the pinout as the linked image from slagcoin only has the Vcc and Vibration Power pins identified. Maybe the pinout is the same on these 2 PCBs?

Ocelot85

My Standard Grey DaulShockController (SCPH-1200) Pin out is as follows:

YELLOW, BLUE, ORANGE, BROWN, GREEN, RED, PURPLE, BLACK.

This is a left to right reading, from the underside of the controller.

If it's important my controller is one of the MITSUMI models.