Sony CPD-1302 red push problem

Started by Uzza83, August 17, 2004, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzza83

I just picked up a Sony Trinitron CPD-1302 and it seems to have what i've been told is "red push" I've got no idea of how to correct this, I've googled and I thought I'd seen something about it here but I couldnt find it. I also attempted to get pictures but every picture I take the red push is gone and the image normal as can be so any help would be appreciated this is a link to the manual Sony CPD-1302 Manual

Kevin

On the sony tv's there is a service menu where u can ajust all sorts of paramiters but i have no clue about that rgb monitor

atom

Hey yeah... so what is red push? Too much red?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Kevin

If u go to best buy or a large electronics store where they have a bunch of tv's side by side and look carfully u'll notice the color is different between all the different brands. Reb push is something manufactures put in there tv's so the 'stand out' from the others. But basicly the picture has to much red in it and no matter what u do in the 'regular' user menu u cant get rid of it. But if u search online you can find other forums and more info on red push and how to get rid of it.

RGB32E

Checked out the .pdf link.... I must say it is a pretty cool 13" monitor.  You shouldn't have "red push" on a RGB monitor, even if it is a Sony (although it may be possible, highly unlikely).  I would first check your wiring...  how and what are you connecting to it?  If you soldered a cable... the red video signal might have a better connection than the green and/or blue.  Or, the crt phosphors are worn down (due to age/usage) and the red phosphors have taken less wear?

If the monitor does not have an OSD (on screen display), it almost certainly will not have a service mode OSD via a remote.... especially if the monitor does not facilitate a remote port.  So if the red amp actually needs adjustment, you would have to open up the monitor ( I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS ).  So......

If everything seems to be fine, you can always add a resistor or trim pot under the hood of the DB9 plug (one end is soldered to the red pin of the DB9 and the other end is connected to the red video signal from the cable).   This will tone down the red... (using a 30 to 75 ohm wirewound resistor).  Hope this helps.

Uzza83

i soldered my own connector using a DB9 (back of monitor) and pins inserted into the corresponding holes on the genesis, as for the OSD it doesnt have one just dials and such to adjust the normal stuff i've already been inside and found the internal adjustment i need to adjust if its really the monitor.  im thinking more along the lines of it being the genesis itself i'll probably try a SNES next i added a POT in line with the red line which does indeed bring the red level down but seems i dont have enough red then but i'm going to pull it out again tomorrow and tinker some more how would i go about finding the correct resistor value and such to use? thanks in advance for any help