NES2 audio output mod

Started by sparriskrigaren, February 03, 2009, 06:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparriskrigaren

OK, I live in Sweden and I just got my NTSC NES 2.. and was very disappointed when I noticed I can get video but not audio to my TV via the RF-modulator.

I was more disappointed when I noticed the NES 2 was lacking A/V outputs.. well, I guess I should have checked that one out before I bought it, hehe.

So I found a guide on this page on how to add A/V outputs to the NES 2, and it doesn't seem to hard. But since I get video from the RF, would it be possible to only add sound output and connect it via a composit cable?

I noticed there was only one soldering required to output sound, will this be enough? Or do I need to do the whole mod as shown in the (somewhat unclear) guide on this page?

/Johan

NFG

You can tap the audio with a single wire, as shown.  The (somewhat unclear) video mod is not required.  Note however that there's no way to blend the audio with the RF signal, you'll have to run it to another audio device, like an amp or powered speakers of some sort.

sparriskrigaren

Yeah, I just realized that the idea isn't so great. I guess I can't lower the volume from the RF on my TV and keep the volume from the composite.. oh well :)

Maybe I'll just have to do the whole mod then. There wouldn't happen to be a more clear guide on how to do this on the net somewhere?

Thanks a bunch.