XM6 TypeG version 3.13 released

Started by eidis, June 13, 2014, 02:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eidis

Hi Guys !

The creator of XM6G has released a new version of his work on the previous day.

More info on his Twitter page:
https://twitter.com/kugimoto0715

Get it here:
http://www.geocities.jp/kugimoto0715/uploads/

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

P.S. He has a great sense of humor: "たこ焼き屋「醤油ですか?ソースですか?」...(-_-#) ピクッ お前もか!"
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

H68k

Grate news!

I got into a bit of a panic when he closed down his geocitys site and put up a place holder message stating he'd only be posting updates via his twitter feed.

As sick as he probably is looking at it in Visual Studio, with all the coding his done over the past few months... I think XM6g still has a few more things that need looking into and maybe a few more nifty features that could be added.

AnnaWu

Quote from: H68k on June 13, 2014, 03:50:33 AM
I got into a bit of a panic when he closed down his geocitys site and put up a place holder message stating he'd only be posting updates via his twitter feed.

He should not take criticism personally. ; )

H68k

Joking aside.. the work he's done so far on XM6 is fucking fantastic, it's now my "go to" emulator for running all X68k software and misc related things. (I just wish it didn't suffer from as much input lag as it does though)

It also would have been nice of him to keep Win XP support to (before you stone me to death, I use an older core 2 equipped box for everyday use, as my newer pc ins't that reliable or stable)

AnnaWu

Quote from: H68k on June 14, 2014, 10:38:43 PM
It also would have been nice of him to keep Win XP support to (before you stone me to death, I use an older core 2 equipped box for everyday use, as my newer pc ins't that reliable or stable)

The real problem is not the missing WinXP support, but rather the missing source code.
PI. relased the XM6 and the XM7 source code  in the past. Additional XM6g use some parts of the MAME source and I'm tired to talk about the license problematic nature.
For the derivative works of XM7 like XM7 (Ryu), XM7dash (Toma) and XM7LP (Ben.JP) is the source available.
For the XM6 ports (XM6g, XM6i, XM6 Pro,) based on PI.'s original source not. Why?

eidis

I wish I could help him by submitting bug reports. Unfortunately my Japanese is not very good.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

H68k

If he's asked nicely... perhaps GIMONS may upload the source code to XM6g to Github (or where ever) in the near future.

I don't see why PI would have any reason send he's legal "hounds" after him.. so long as the original author is given credit for the code. and any additional source code it  also uses is credited.

Losing the source code of XM6g to time... would be a shame.

AnnaWu

QuoteIf he's asked nicely... perhaps GIMONS may upload the source code to XM6g to Github (or where ever) in the near future.

Who is "he"?

H68k

GIMONS, He's the guy who's behind XM6 Type G or XM6g as it's more commonly known.

AnnaWu

QuoteIf he's asked nicely... perhaps GIMONS may upload the source code to XM6g to Github (or where ever) in the near future.
Once again, who is "he"?

H68k

AnnaWu

Houston, we have a communication problem.

98pacecar

What I assume AnnaWu means is that GIMONS may not be a "he" and is rather a "she"??

craiganderson

H68k

GIMONS (the author of XM6g) used to host it own his own site. up until a few months ago. but no longer does. and now uploads a new version to file hosting sites every so often.

I wish I knew what the link was to the latest version.. but I don't have it.. so maybe someone will post a link to where ever the latest version is hosted, if they know it.

eidis

Hi H68k !

The link to the latest version is in this threads first post.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

AnnaWu

Quote from: eidis on October 22, 2014, 03:08:21 PM
Hi H68k !

The link to the latest version is in this threads first post.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

No, check my link for the last release.

eidis

Hi AnnaWu !

You were right. Please accept my apologies.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

AnnaWu

Quote from: eidis on October 23, 2014, 01:21:15 AM
Hi AnnaWu !

You were right. Please accept my apologies.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

No need, now your link is correct. (^_^)

AnnaWu

Quote from: craiganderson on October 25, 2014, 10:37:14 AM
Is this real?

http://www.emucr.com/2014/10/xm6-313-l50-typeg-v20141024.html

Use eidis link (1st post)

GIMONS wrote:

QuoteEmuCRとかいう何者かが勝手に再配布しやがる。今度は絶対に破られないリージョンチェック付けたる!(`ヘ´) プンプン。