Gamecube repair

Started by dadou, September 24, 2010, 10:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadou

Hi, i tried to solder the XENO GC to my gamecube but after i soldered it the modchip didn't work and i remove it, but when i removed it the trace where i soldered was broken and i can't solder again the modchip

i have a Gamecube Dol-001 Eur so my question is can i buy the part of a Ntsc version and put it my European version?

i want to change this part:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120598897298&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

it will work or i will get a problem?

thx in advance

scampo77

can you take a picture of the board that you broke. are you sure you cant just bridge the trace on the pcb with a piece of copper braid or something similar

l_oliveira

The GC optical drive is identical regardless of the region.

Also have you cleaned your drive board from any solder splatters and gave it another try ? the points the modchip are soldered to are test points so it's very unlikely that you would have it stop working from removing the chip.

You can buy that board to replace. It will work but you only need it if you really want to put that chip or if the original board got damaged...

dadou

thx for your answer but see this pocture: http://www.xavboxcube.com/photos/xeno-gc/soudures.jpg

in blue it's the point that i need to solder but my problem is thethree point with the copper because i don't have it now and i can't solder nothing to this point now

i will try to take a photo to show you

if i can buy this board it will be great because it's only 5$ and i can solder the chip without need to do a bridge

another question someone had a problem with the Xeno Gc modchip?

scampo77

i have 3 of them in 3 consoles and they work great

dadou

i receive the board and soldered the Xeno GC 2.0 modchip and now it's working very well but i have a little problem, sometimes in the middle of some game i got a message like: " An error has occurred you must restart your console..."  someone know how to fix this issue?

Padoca85

Quote from: dadou on October 14, 2010, 12:51:51 AM
i receive the board and soldered the Xeno GC 2.0 modchip and now it's working very well but i have a little problem, sometimes in the middle of some game i got a message like: " An error has occurred you must restart your console..."  someone know how to fix this issue?

you need to recalibrate your laser, youre using backups when that happened?