pc engine duo dead please help urgent

Started by xybots, June 12, 2008, 08:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xybots

hi everyone

i have a pc engine duo it switches on but the cdrom drive is dead the laser comes on but dosnt move or do anything, also i have another pceninge duo which was bought from new many years ago but im getting no audio from the cd rom drive only the effects come out no music any help would be greatful as i am lost without my beloved pc engine duo.

thanks

NFG

The first thing I'd do is yank the drive from the working duo and slap it in the one with bad sound. 

xybots

hi tried the dead cdrom drive in the duo that has no cd sound and the cdrom drive didnt power up or when the old drive was put in the dead drive duo the stereo sound still didnt come out any help would be graetfull and tips what to look for would be a great help.

thanks

Computolio

You'll need to adjust the potentiometer on the laser, especially if you move it to another machine. It's completely trial-and-error.

You could also have a dead or dying laser in both cases. Fortunately, they can be replaced.

xybots

hi everyone ill be on the case today but another question why dont i get any cd music from the games coming out of my pc engine thanks

xybots

hi everyone you lot are the nuts thanks for helping cant believe in just 1 day i have fixed one of my duo's i adjusted potentiometer and i have cd music and the games play just fine, i am now working on the other one how do i know if the laser even after being adjusted is not working any way of testing it i have adjusted it and the cd game just spins then error comes up "set disc"
if i wanted to buy a new laser where would i hunt one down.

but thanks for all your help so far