First games on the X68k

Started by edcross, July 16, 2015, 08:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcross

Finally today I had some leisure time with the x68k, played Terra Cresta and Dracula. Man...they are good...

Terra Cresta is one of my favorite arcade games and unless i'm missing something, i would say the experience is just as good. With Dracula the music and the overall gaming experience blew me away, what a great game!  I played both games just once until I got killed, i'm not in a rush and I love those 5-10 minute pill moments....

After this nice early experience I was wondering if you guys had any other MUST-PLAY games you recommend? And if so, why?

Thanks.

caius

Hi, I'd say to start with these perfect arcade ports:

- Strider
- Daimakaimura
- Final Fight

This is just to realize the capacity of this machine utilized as development platform for these CPS1 games.Keep in mind that the first two requires 4MB of RAM.

Opethian

SuperDeadite

Genjuuki (Undeadline) and Thunder Force II

Psygnosis8

Aquales
Gradius II (MIDI!!)
Parodius Da!
Nemesis '90
Valis II
Sol-Feace
Thunder Force II (Already mentioned...it's essental)
Mad Stalker
Granada
Geograph Seal
Star Luster (no excuses--play this!)
Bosconian (Lots of new levels and features not present in the arcade game)
Gardis Light

I like soe of the doujin shooters, too.  Alian STG (I guess that's what it's called) is this really neat Cotton-style hori shooter where you can slash enemies if they get close.  The music is great and the backgroud is this really nice night-time landscape.  It's only one level, but looks like it had so much potential as a fully-realized game.  Try it if you find it.  It's in the Baller V4 CF image.