SNES2 RGB mod

Started by Sumez, December 16, 2004, 11:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sumez

Alright, I'm really confused by the page for the SNES2 RGB mod...

Looking just on the schematics, it seems simple enough:

But on this picture, it looks all different:

According to that, the blue wire and the 5V wire go to one leg of the capacitor, and the ground wire goes to the other, while the leg with the blue wire and 5V is also connected to the monitor output. That doesn't make any sense to me.

EDIT: I've looked a bit on the drawing and the schematics, and with some help from a friend, it's finally starting to make sense to me.
You should really get a new schematic, which properly shows how the capacitor is connected. :)

NFG

The diagram's a mess, I know.  Very, very old page.  Seven years is my guess.  Sorry about that.

benzaldehyde

Note how he doesn't offer to fix it. :lol: :P

Sumez

Well how about this?  :ph34r:
Not sure if the capacitor is depicted correctly.

atom

no way, thats not even made in ms paint.

who are you???

>hides<
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

yeah if someone could clarify this.
ive just spent 3 hours modding my new snes with these instructions and it still  displays in black and white!

Yod@

I don't use an amplifier at all when adding RGB to a SNES Jr - just solder the R,G and B wires (pins 20, 22 and 24 of the U4 chip) to pins 1,2 and 4 on the AV connector via a 100 Ohm resistor (I found that the signal was actually *too* bright without a resistor, a 100 Ohm resistor seems to be perfect).

Sumez

The capacitors are just there to remove some interference.
You don't need them, the mod page says so, too.

If you decide to add them, please enlighten me on the more exact difference. :)

dhau

I have this SNES2 unit, and I plan to use it with XAV2 (RGB to S-Video) and XRGB2+ units. I don't have any TVs with RGB input, since I'm a proud North American, not some decadent european social activist :)

Do I need preamp, or I can get away with just soldering thick copper wires?

atom

True dat sister! I think S-Video does just fine for 2d graphics at 320 x 224 pixels. Theres no way I'm trading my big screen TV for a hacked up Apple Or Atari monitor. Those consoles thats have some sort of VGA support may be of interest too me if I could afford a huge monitor.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN