Saturn switchless mod

Started by Guest, December 18, 2006, 04:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a problem. http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/sat_switchless.htm there is a chip named 74157 IC. Is 74157 AN the same chip?

NFG

It's almost certainly the same chip, with perhaps a tiny difference to justify the extra letters.  Naturally a google search brings up only junk sites listing every part under the sun...

kendrick

I don't read much Chinese any more, but I gather that the 74157AN is a surface-mount variety of chip, wheras the standard 74157 is a big TTL ceramic chip with the 90 degree IC pins. They should be functionally the same, so if you're looking to harvest a chip from some other board to do the switchless mod, you ought to be okay. Just to be safe, I'd mount it somewhere and test the logic manually before installing it in the Saturn.

-KKC

viletim!

Guest,
Instead of looking for an original TTL chip - which hasn't been produced for many years now, try a newer part like the 74LS157 or 74HC157. The suffex on the end is specific to the manufacturer, check their datasheet if you want to know what it means. It's usualy information about package type, temperature range, etc

altima1994