News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

SNES

Started by Glen_David_gold, November 25, 2005, 10:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen_David_gold

Hello Just toying with an idea. I have pretty much got the electronic side sorted now its trying to find a houseing for it, i wanna make a snes with a 4 player front controller panel like game cube/xbox etc, i have taken a multi tap apart and soldered it to one of the controller ports and it seems to work so far, only thing is i need to expand the whole case by one controller port and was wondering if anyone had made a snes taller or found a suitable casing for it. I would like to know any materials that lend them selve to filling the gap and how it all fixes together or a suitable replacement material and way of casting it, cheers

MARC THE SCREEMING CAPS MAN!

Hi

The project sounds interesting. I might have some ideas but i need to see what you have done so far. Do you have any pictures of the project?

Drewman21

I've been working on this problem too in getting the case just right.  A question though, which multi-tap did you use?  There are about 3 or 4 ones out there.  If you were looking at the bomberman ones they are just way too big even if you try to shave down the circut board.  There are a few 3rd party ones on ebay that are 5 and even 6 player adapters that have a smaller form factor that could be fit into the snes case a bit easier.  You would have to take out some of the metal shielding to make it fit I think but no clue as to if that would cause any operational problems.  If any one around here that knows if it makes a difference if you take it out if matters these days.  Hope that helps if at all!

Drewman

Glen_David_gold

hey no pictures at the minute but i will get you some up when i get my new camera, i used a LMP gamster, i was thinking there would be plenty of room if you expand the height of the console by the height of the grey port covers, as far as astecitcs proberly spelt wrong will only have 3 full working conrollor ports with 4 visible cant think of a way of doing it anyother way.

NFG

I'd suggest putting the new ports somewhere else, like along the bottom at the rear sides or in the top.  Trying to make the console taller is just asking for trouble.

While we're here, let's talk about dictionary.com, and how things like punctuation make sentences more readable, shall we?

PS: aesthetically  

True that, punctuation is is an amazing thing!

atom

QuoteTrue that, punctuation is is an amazing thing!
Speaks a million words. BTW Lawrence you wanted that second comma to be a semicolon.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

NFG

Semicolons freak me out.

Glen_David_gold

Haha cheers for that, talk about off topic, anyway I was thinking of removing the vents at the front bellow the original ports. Thus making the front of the snes more square to the ground. If i leave some vents at the side i cant imagine it would effect it that much, its not like there is a fan in there or anything.

NFG

You won't run into heat problems with a SuperNES.  Go ahead and seal those vents.