What type of connector is this?

Started by mugenmidget, January 05, 2010, 06:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mugenmidget

Sorry for the crappy picture, but hopefully someone can manage to tell me what kind of connector this is:

Is there a pin out for this kind of 8 pin connector?  The TV was manufactured on November 1986 and is an "LXI Series" which may or may not be a SEARS brand from what I have seen.  The model number is 564-42701651.  I'm primarily interested in getting an NTSC RGB signal from a model 1 Genesis.

Thank you for any help and take care. :)

NFG

mugenmidget

Ah, is there anything in particular that makes you think that? ???  And is there any truth to what was posted here?

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=136227 

That's a shame if it is indeed digital RGB, I guess I'll need to keep looking for a suitable monitor.

NFG

What, you think I just made it up?  Picking random terms out of thin air?  =P

I have a monitor with that on it, and I have the pinout for it somewhere. 

mugenmidget

Don't worry, I appreciate the quick answer, I just wanted to make sure.  ;D  If you find the pin out and don't mind sharing it I would appreciate it.  Not sure what I'll do with it but it'd definitely be nice to have.  What a shame. :(

mugenmidget

Haha, sorry again for the picture.  If it helps I'll see if I can get a better one.  However, I had the model number in the original post.  :P  It's "564-42701651", but I could only get results with the part after the hyphen.  I put it into Sears parts search and got that it was a Sanyo brand television supposedly.  Let me know if there's anything else I can share.

mugenmidget

NFG

What are you going to give it a shot with?  Nothing you own uses 2-bit RGB.

mugenmidget

Sorry, I just meant I was going give it a shot with Google Translate.  ;D  I definitely see what you mean.

Radiorara

I have seen this connector before but good luck in getting it to work. I initially thought it was a vtr connector interface but appears to be analog rgb.

Tiido Priimägi

if its indeed digital, one could bypass the digitalness part and have it variable amplitude signal fed in rather than having things at fixed levels.... I have no idea if that sentence made any sense.... :P
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)