Where can I find NTSC JPN RGB Cables

Started by Matarick, September 04, 2007, 08:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matarick

Heya,

I am getting an XRGB-2 soon for my Vizio 37" and I wonder where I can get some JPN standard RGB cables?  All I see for sale are Euro SCART cables and I cannot solder worth a hoot.

Would a Mega Drive 2 cable output in native RGB since I have a modded CDX with an enchanced encoder chip?

If I cannot find any NTSC cables online, can someone mod me some in the Continental United States?

I live in East Prospect PA and I am willing to pay money for someone to mod me cables that I will provide for.

Thank you all in advance.

NeWmAn

NCSX.com used to sell Japanese 21 Pin RGB cables.
If you plan to connect more than one device and thus need multiple cables, it may be worth to mod the unit (easy mod if it's an XRGB-2, not 2+) or ask someone to make you a SCART-RGB21 adapter.

Drewman21

I know play-asia.com has some saturn rgb scart cables.  I have bought them a few times and have wired them up for custom jobs for people.  Not sure if they are the Japan standard or not.  I have never seen RGB cables for the genesis on the the web.  I have hand made some for the Genesis 1 with full sized db-8 jacks.  The Genesis 2 and 3 have a mini din connector that is harder to come by.  I found a db-9 female to mini din adapter for a computer projector at work that worked perfectly pin for pin. And i know at sometime someone posted that Radio shack PS2 controller extnesions worked too.

Well thats all i know.  Wait for the other people to chime in to help ya out.
Later

Endymion

Guessing you already know this but RGB is RGB, there is no NTSC or PAL about it. The Japanese plug uses a different layout from the same plug known as SCART but that doesn't make it NTSC, that just makes it weird. There is no need to mod a Genesis for RGB, so long as you didn't sever the output to the existing mini-DIN it should still work.

Anyway, you can get cables from places already mentioned, or ebay. Just search for SCART RGB and you will likely find everything you will need. If for some reason you really need the Japanese version and not European SCART, you can always rewire the pins. The pin configuration for both are on this site and in the wiki so this is a simple one. You could also use this info to mod your XRGB, or make a breakout box which makes the conversion. That way you can just get new SCART cables as you come across them and plug them in with no further modifications required.