News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Auto A/v

Started by Nightmare, June 19, 2004, 08:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmare

Hey,

How can i make my tv automatically go into a/v mode? Like when you plug in a scart cable?

I know its just like putting a wire between two pins, but i dont know which ones.

Also, im doing this inside the tv, so if you could tell me what pins from that point of view, it would be .. cool  :unsure:

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Nightmare

Martin

Wouldnt it be easier just to modify your AV Scarts them selves? :rolleyes:  
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

Nightmare

I dont have the tv remote and not all my cables have the auto switch mode, for example the tv out on my pc, so i cant put the tv into A/V

Martin

There are Universal remots that work on lots of TVS... you could probobly pick an okay quality one up for around �10-19.. couldn't youo_0
save yourself the hassle..

Nightmare

Yeah i could, but i also like the hassle, lol.

Is anyone gonna give me some help?

Darklegion

QuoteYeah i could, but i also like the hassle, lol.
Haha,nightmare you know the score ;)
I would look around for datasheets for your video i/o chip,this will most likely be the biggest chip on the board and your scart and other ports will be hooked up to it.And then if you find that you can't do it from there have a look for another largish chip this on sets up OSD display,contrast,brigtness etc .
And then if you still can't get it going you could always wire in some more scart ports and hack up your equipment so that they all use scart rgb.
And lastly which I probably should of said first but didn't think of it,you could just find the pin that is connected to pin 8 of your scart port,although not all TV's use it.Apply 12v to it if is there,be careful that you get the right one though.....this will switch to AV mode but it can be composite or rgb so your standard cables will work with it too.Also , and I probably should have said this first too be careful when messing with TV's they are not tame like game consoles.I have been shocked by a capacitor in a ps2,this was enough to send me stumbling back and they are far weaker than what a tv has.When you open it up disharge any large caps with a screwdriver,by shorting the leads together with it.If there is charge in it will give a loud crack and a spark,be prepared as it might give you a little fright.Another a method of doing it is to wire your screwdriver to a light bulb,this will eliminate the big crack at spark and will make sure that all charge is gone.All this assumed that you havn't worked with this before,if you have ignore what I just said :)

Nightmare

Thanks for the info dude! :D

Martin

hmm strange.. I usually end up ripping the fast blanking pins out of my scarts... as I have sensative equipment hooked up to my TV that the fast blanker interferes with :huh: