FM-Towns Marty controller pinout

Started by sharp, October 24, 2013, 03:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharp

Hoping somebody might be able to help me figure this out. I got an FM Towns marty controller, it does not have a DA9 connector though, it has a DA15. Im having trouble finding the pinout for this controller.

It would be awesome if someone had it.  ;D

Thank you all!

caius

Quote from: sharp on October 24, 2013, 03:53:14 AM
Hoping somebody might be able to help me figure this out. I got an FM Towns marty controller, it does not have a DA9 connector though, it has a DA15. Im having trouble finding the pinout for this controller.

It would be awesome if someone had it.  ;D

Thank you all!

Strange, usually FM-TOWNS pads have a DB9 connector and they are pin to pin compatible with X68000Are you sure it's for FM-TOWNS?Could you post a picture, please?

NFG

It sounds sort of like a standard PC gaming pad, back when the default game connector was a DB15 on the back of a SoundBlaster card.

sharp

I am pretty sure it is an Fm-Towns controller, looks official and everything.  :)
Of course I can post some pictures.

I found it pretty strange when I could not find a picture of one, or even a mention on japanese google.  :o

NFG

Well there's a difference between FM TOWNS and Marty, the former is basically a PC, the latter is a console. 

sharp

I see, thank you Lawrence. I suppose it is obvious I am not too familiar with the FM Towns series.
I still cant seem to find any details about the pinout.

NFG

And your search for PC Game Controller Pinout wasn't helpful or what?  The pinout for the standard PC game controller is well known and a few minutes with a multimeter should tell you if that's what you've got or not.  Basically it's useless for any other purpose though, if this is the case - you'll probably have to re-wire its innards.

sharp

I was searching for the specific pinout of the controller. So to try to use this with a DB9 would be impossible without rewiring the controller? That solves all of this. ;D Thank you Lawrence.

SuperDeadite

That is not an FM Towns controller.   That is an FMV-Towns controller.  The FM-V series are not true Towns machines, they are in fact standard DOS PC clones, however they do have a built in Towns emulation mode for running old Towns software.  Needless to say, that controller was never meant to be used on a real Towns machine.

AnnaWu

SuperDeadite is right. The Marty/Marty 2/Car Marty game controller port have a 9-pin one.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FM-TOWNS-MARTY-PAD-CONTROLLER-/300906415128?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460f6b8418

Here the pinout: http://www.gamesx.com/controldata/fmtownsjoy.htm

You can take a look for following models:

FMM-PAD301
FMM-PAD401
FMT-PD103

and maybe some more ...