Saturn racing wheel strange behavior.

Started by ulao, January 21, 2011, 04:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulao

In dealing with my saturn to usb portion of my project I have seen the wheel do some strange things.  First as most of you know, the Saturn protocol uses an ID system. So in theory there is no need to tell the system " I'm a racing wheel" other then assigning an ID in the protocol. And in fact the wheel does use the ID as it should, hover. The wheel also holds up on the Y analog and sets the left shoulder to 32 as apposed to 1 like the right shoulder.  My first thought was that this was a signal for the console to know its a wheel but this is starting to make less sense now.  I mean why? And what more, the wheel does not even use the Y analog or the shoulder analogs. I was thinking maybe its to prevent the users from swapping the wheel to the 3d analog stick but that is just stupid ( check the ID ).  Or maybe the game requiters this?

Still the fact remains, the wheel its self is in fact sending Y up and R at 32. I know another guy that interfaced with the 3d protocol and he found the same thing. Anyone have a thought?