News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

PSOne import mod

Started by ORTA, November 01, 2004, 02:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ORTA

I've done the  region switch mod that I've found here in gamesx.com on my Japanese Saturn. I'm thinking, is there a way to make my japanese PSOne play an american cd? Is there a region mod for the PSOne?

NFG

playstation mods involve a chip to tell the PS 'this CD is ok'.  It's not as simple as the jumpers in a Saturn.

atom

These are called mod-chips and even non geeky madden player kids at your high school can tell you about them. They are available everywhere online. Dont buy one for more then 12 bucks.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

ORTA

QuoteThese are called mod-chips and even non geeky madden player kids at your high school can tell you about them. They are available everywhere online. Dont buy one for more then 12 bucks.
I know what mod-chips are, you don't need to tell me that,  I'm asking about a region mod that can be done on the PS. The mod-chip you are talking about is the one that allows you to play pirated cd's, and sorry to tell you that I don't support piracy <_<

And to Lawrence thanks for the Info :)

NFG

When I owned my store people used to ask me for modchips.  "To do what?" I'd ask.  "Play imported games." was the usual reply.  To that I'\d tell them that yes, in fact, we have the chips and we'd install it fpr a nice packaged fee.

Invariably they'd call and bitch that their new chip didn't play burns and I'd get to laugh at them 'cause they didn't ask for a chip that would play copies, only imports, and their new chip did that without a problem.

One guy went so far as to ask me to remove it, and I told him there'd be an extra fee on top of the $50 he'd already paid.  He didn't like that so much.

atom

Lawrence your so funny. And don't bitch at me ORTA dude, I gave you your answer. Mod chips are the chips that allow usually all cd's to play... Including imports. I just might have to do an LED MOD TO YOUR FACE!

sneex

QuoteI just might have to do an LED MOD TO YOUR FACE!
that sounds gruesome, yet you inspired me for my next mod.

Endymion

QuoteI know what mod-chips are, you don't need to tell me that,  I'm asking about a region mod that can be done on the PS. The mod-chip you are talking about is the one that allows you to play pirated cd's, and sorry to tell you that I don't support piracy
Sounds like you don't know what mod chips are.

A mod chip must be used to play import games.

Some mod chips like the ones Lawrence dealt with will not play burned CDs, some or perhaps most by now will.

But either way, you must have a mod chip or you aren't playing jack without an import Playstation.

Aidan

It's actually more work to create a mod chip that won't play CD-R copies! On the other hand, it has benefits too. ;)
[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]

ORTA

QuoteLawrence your so funny. And don't bitch at me ORTA dude, I gave you your answer. Mod chips are the chips that allow usually all cd's to play... Including imports. I just might have to do an LED MOD TO YOUR FACE!
Well why don't you come over here and try it? and I'll let you see what your looking for, your the one who bitched here in the first place

ORTA

QuoteLawrence your so funny. And don't bitch at me ORTA dude, I gave you your answer. Mod chips are the chips that allow usually all cd's to play... Including imports. I just might have to do an LED MOD TO YOUR FACE!
Well why don't you come over here and try it? and I'll let you see what your looking for, your the one who bitched here in the first place
Hey Mr.Atom

I'm sorry about bitching on you I hope you'll understand  :( I just got carried away & I hope I'm welcome on your site :)  

atom

Hey, its cool man. I come off way to cocky sometimes.

And dont worry everyone, I got a massive update coming.

ORTA

QuoteHey, its cool man. I come off way to cocky sometimes.

And dont worry everyone, I got a massive update coming.
:)  :)  :)