playstation emulation controller

Started by mark heath, May 20, 2004, 09:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark heath

Can any body tell me if there is an interface of which would plug into the playstation game port, and could allow emulation of the game pad
The key aspect for this input emulation would be to allow disabled users or paralised users to control some games and be part of the social climate.

I am not looking to use an original control pad, just simply reinvent the wheel !

Regards

Dr Mark Heath

mark heath

Hi again, sorry i forgot to put my contact details on

here they are

if any one knows the answear, please contact me at the university on the link below

mark.heath@staffs.ac.uk

benzaldehyde

Hiya,

All controllers these days take inputs from the game pad (usually, when a button is depressed it completes a circuit of +5V...) to an encoder IC in the pad. What one could do is dissassemble a game pad and rewire the contacts on the IC to another form of switch. For example, you could have a hinged contact in a pipe that, when exposed to a blast of breath (a rough example), would swing into contact with another contact in the pipe and complete the circuit (just like pushing a button). That's the theory; the only problem would be providing for the sixteen buttons on a standard PS2 Dual Shock 2.

You can find more information at the administrator's tech site GamesX. he also has some infor on analog functionality, in which I'm not well versed.

Hope my Americanese isn't too replete with grammatical errors (as would be the norm). :)

phreak97

i spoke to him and it looks like he's wanting to program his own chip to do it.. seems like extra  bother to me but it is some uni thing, i guess he wants to have everything hand made