The New GameSX.com Forums

Started by NFG, September 15, 2003, 03:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

Welcome to the new forums.

I'm sorry that the old ones weren't portable - we're starting over afresh, and that means new account registrations and new threads and all that crappy nonsense.  It sucks, I know.

The old forum was very unwieldy, and unsupported, and tended to be a resource hog on the poor overworked server that was handling it.  The current server handles only this site, so I expect we'll be seeing a not insignificant speed increase.  This forum also allows more maintenance options, better moderation, and so on.

Please let me know if you find any flaws in the new system.  It's been running for months handling the nfg.2y.net/games forums, so I'm confidant it's ready for the 'big time'.

Lawrence.

Scared0o0Rabbit

So are the links on gamesx.com going to be updated to point over here?  Also, is there any way to make a transcript of all the old forums threads (or atleast the most useful non redunant ones) or something.... cause there was a lot of really useful information in there!

Bummer that I lost my post number *shrug* but no big deal, the new forum seems to run much faster which is a good trade off.  Now since I know of several sites that run this board, you can add smileys and stuff right lawrence?  if so then here's one I think you should add:  

Edit:  just made the horrible mistake of going to nfg.2y.net from work  <_<  

Feeling Scared? ^_~

NFG

Quoteare the links on gamesx.com going to be updated to point over here?
Good idea.  I'll get on that right away.

Quotehere's one I think you should add:
That's a great one, where'd you find it, and who do I ask for permission to use it?

Quotejust made the horrible mistake of going to nfg.2y.net from work
Bwahahahaha...  Remember to add that /games/ every time!  Of course there's always the logic that suggests any employer that has a problem with a beautiful topless lady on your screen isn't worth working for anyway. =)

Scared0o0Rabbit

You know I wish I could tell you where that came from, I've had it on my pc for months now, but I have no idea where I found it.

Feeling Scared? ^_~

NFG

I added it.  If anyone complains about copyright I'm gonna point to you, cool?

RTFM  

erm... if anyone complains about copyright can't you just delete it or something?  :blink: lol.  And in response to the whole front page and whatnot... I have no problem with it... just not erm... safe for work lol.

Scared0o0Rabbit

/me points up

Yeah... was on ie instead of firebird... and ie doesn't save my account info lol....

Feeling Scared? ^_~

parodius

AAAaaaargh !!! Lawrence, is there any chance that we could at least READ the old forum ?

NFG

Quoteis there any chance that we could at least READ the old forum ?
Not entirely sure what you're asking for, the old forum shows up as 100% readable to me.  Are you getting errors?

exodus

too much 'lol'ing in this thread.  So THAT's what gamesx is about.  

I'd better blend in ->omgwtfrofllollerza/s/l

To the extreme !!>?>>??!!?!??!one?

Scared0o0Rabbit

Up until this morning... starting this weekend, anytime I tried to read any thread except the forum moved thread, it said that it couldn't find it.  I think that's what he means.

Feeling Scared? ^_~

NFG

Quoteit said that it couldn't find it.
I fixed this, I had no idea it was broken.  Sorry about that.

parodius

Yup, that's what I meant.
Happy to see it's working again.

Hi there im *Cleaners* MR sheen and i was wondering why i have been banned form your server i have not done anything to get banned or have been warned of getting banned my email is MRSHEEN_@hotmail.com just email me to let me know why i am banned from your server coz i like playing on there

NFG

To date no one has been banned from the server.  May I suggest you check your password, and then work on the whole punctuation part of your posts?  You didn't use a single piece of punctuation for that entire paragraph!!

I checked - there are no users with the word sheen or clean in their names.  Either you didn't register, you forgot the name you used, or you're on the wrong server.  =P