Anyone able to login into wiki?

Started by leonk, December 03, 2019, 08:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonk

Last time it was updated was back in March 2019!  I've tried to login and can't..

https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?do=recent&id=x68000%3Ax68000

I think the wiki is unable to authenticate username/password against the common backend.  Can someone please look at this?

kendrick

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Lawrence is working on it but it's slow going because of the weirdness of the recent forum upgrade, I apologize that this is taking so long, but the answers aren't very clear to us right now.

NFG

There was once a plugin for Dokuwiki which connected it to the users on the forum.  It was never very functional and I had to tweak it, until it stopped working after an update.  A user on this forum managed to make it work again, but then another update has broken it once again.

There are well documented example plugins over on the Dokuwiki site, if anyone would like to take a stab at this.  It is not something I am likely to successfully accomplish on my own, sadly.

NFG

Yeah, that's the one I was using.  I even hacked it all up to work with phpmysqli, instead of phpmysql, but the wiki devs didn't want me fixing the old, deprecated plugins. 

I believe the current and recommended module, if you're thinking about looking into it, is authpdo.

https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:authpdo

NFG

Right, well, I'm working on it. 

Currently I've gone from CRITICAL ERROR EVERYONE'S DEAD to YOUR SQL IS BULLSHIT and now we're at EVERYTHING IS FINE BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

So, everything's fine but it doesn't work.

Basically, for a while it was complaining my SQL wasn't returning the right columns.  Now, one imagines, the columns are correct ('cause that error's gone) but no one can log in because the user/pass is always wrong.

I'm still working on it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NFG

Alright, I think it's working now.  For sure it's letting me in, using forum credentials.

@leonk - let me know if it works for you?

leonk