PX68K emulator for Android

Started by neko68k, October 04, 2013, 07:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neko68k

The topic pretty much says it all. It's a little rough around the edges but it works pretty well. Sound is supported and it has a dodgy on screen joystick. Phone still sleeps automatically if you don't interact with it, bummer. Source and binaries available below.

https://github.com/hissorii
http://emuhani.up.seesaa.net/image/PX68KforANDROIDv0.05.zip

http://emuhani.seesaa.net/article/376386754.html
X68000エミュをAndroidで動くようにしてみた

lydux

Great ! Someone finally attempt to convert all Keropi asm sources code to C ! The CPU emulation is now based on c68k.
Porting to other platforms is possible now. (seems there is also one for PSP and unix like)

Thanks. I will get a closer look to this.

Fix_Metal

FANTASTIC.
A must when I'll get my new Nexus  ;D

sharp

Quote from: lydux on October 04, 2013, 09:47:29 PM
Great ! Someone finally attempt to convert all Keropi asm sources code to C ! The CPU emulation is now based on c68k.
Porting to other platforms is possible now. (seems there is also one for PSP and unix like)

Thanks. I will get a closer look to this.

Yes, I was extremely excited when I saw my friend doing this work, because I thought it was the psp version.
I could not get the psp version to work. It is great news regardless.
When I say my friend, I mean I am somewhat in contact with the guy behind this.
If anyone would like me to ask him anything specific, feel free to ask.

asdronin

Its great news that he is making this emulator to work more asuming the hard work to port the asembler code.

@Sharp, as you said it, I have a question for your friend, could you please tell me what are the requirements or the process to run this on the PSP? I copied the BIOS files and dont know what Im missing, I have other emulators running but this one I cant find a way and I really want to try it =), maybe Im doing something wrong, thanks and hey congrats to your friend =)

pstriolo

Hello
Can someone explain what is the configuration needed to run the emulator . i probably need some bios files to be copied somewhere but for the moment the system doesn t start.

Thanks for your help.

Phil

costa

Hi.

Create /sdcard0/px68k and copy everything there, including your disk images.

That is it.

Bye the way, great work, it runs smoothly, I could even play Final Fight very well, although there are some glitches in the video.
Gradius works very nicely, I will try more later.

pstriolo

Hello,

Ok its working now. The interface is a bit confusing. How can i hide the keyboard ?

thanks.

Phil

famiac

Alright i don't have an android phone but my girlfriend tried to install the apk using an apk installer from the play store. It installed but when she opens the app it jumps back to the home screen. I'm not in town to help her, so does anybody know what's going on/how to install it for an absolute newbie?

neko68k

You have to put CGROM.DAT and IPLROM.DAT in /sdcard0/px68k
You will also put your disk images in this folder.

[edit]

Drag the keyboard off the right edge of the screen and it will go away.

famiac

Oh right i totally missed that, thanks!

pstriolo

famiac

Ok so she's wondering how to insert the dim file. Is the human 3.02 disk image required?

neko68k

Disk images go in the same folder as the bios files. Press the menu button on the phone and use the soft joystick to navigate the menu. This is all pretty straightforward. Maybe try reading the readme and messing around...

famiac

Was the readme in english? I don't think i gave it to her. Sorry i know it's straightforward. I apologize if it's a bother, i'm honestly not familiar with phones that run android OS at all. I don't use one, but i'm sure i could have helped her more myself if i did.