Justifier (Lethal Enforcers) 2p mod?

Started by CZroe, October 31, 2007, 11:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CZroe

It's easy to find a blue first player SNES or Genesis "Justifier" light gun from the respective consoles. Heck, until I gave them all away last year, I had several sealed SegaCD versions with the light gun that I found at a dollar store (ironically, for TWO dollars each). The problem is getting your hands on the second player's orange "Justifier" lightgun. It attaches to either the Genesis or SNES light gun using an RJ11 connector on the bottom to add a second player. It was done this way so that two versions would not have to be made for store shelves. I'm surprised newer Guitar Hero/Rock Band controllers don't take a similar approach (USB w/ adapters for each console, identical guitar with appropriate adapter bundled with the game)! Of course, the game's popularity wasn't nearly enough to sell/make many of these, especially seeing as how it can still be found sealed and new by the pallet-load. This makes it very difficult to find the second player lightgun. I'm sure that it uses similar parts inside so that the SNES and Genesis versions would only differ in the cord/signals, while they may also have the pins to the 2p version's RJ11 cable/connector inside.

I don't have a second controller to gut, but it just seems so logical that I'd ask if it has already been done. Thanks!

phreak97

the second player gun is going to have different internals to the first player one (if youre lucky it wont have much at alll, and the first player one will have all the bits you need in it already), youre going to have to find one to copy from, just as the power glove in the other thread:P

Chuplayer

Late to the party, but the second player gun is actually pink. I think the orange gun is a knockoff Justifier. It doesn't support a second gun or support being the second gun as far as I know. They came wired for Genesis, but I've seen some of them come with SNES adapters.

I have the pink gun, the blue gun, and the orange gun, all for Genesis. (Well, the pink one is neuter...) My pink gun seems kind of busted, though. I've thought about swapping parts between the pink and orange guns and creating a working second player gun, but I've been putting that off for the better part of a decade. I doubt it'll work unless the orange gun is a carbon copy of the real thing and the parts I can swap are the parts I need to swap and the P1 and P2 guns share enough of the same parts. Or maybe there's something wrong with the P1 gun that keeps the P2 gun from working correctly!

Lethal Enforcers 2 is really good. It's the only game I've got for the gun.