Mod US SNES pad to work on Unmodded UK SNES?

Started by chaoticjelly, September 04, 2006, 11:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoticjelly

Ive seen the mod on the site to the controller port PCB of the UK/European PAL SNES to let US and JPN  pads work on it, but what I want to know is.. is it possible to do it the other way around?

i.e. mod the actual CONTROLLER, to work on an unmodded European SNES?

Shadow_Zero

Was is that both "PAL" gamepads don't work on NTSC machines and "NTSC" gamepads don't work on PAL machines?

phreak97

All the information you should ever need on this topic is here, originally written by me (and a bit from nfg).
http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=controls:snes_con_region_fix

FM-77

How do you tell if a PAL SNES can use non-PAL controllers or not? I've had five PAL SNES systems, only one of them was unable to use NTSC controllers. The rest can use any controller just fine (and they are not modified), two of these are the newer SNES models with a single PPU chip.

phreak97

i dont know any way to tell without trying it or opening it. alot of pal snes consoles have the same controller board as the super famicom, and so are compatable with all controllers from factory. i guess someone along the line realiised what a dumbass security feature it was. the serial number is probably no help, just a its no help for the 1-CPU board identification. (or has someone learned otherwise since i did my research?)