PS2 USB controllers on PC?

Started by Darkman, December 10, 2004, 02:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkman

Hi all,

I'm having a big dillema - Logitech Driving Force Pro or a PC-only wheel. From what I had gathered, the Force Pro is a very good wheel, but does it work on PC? I read it only uses a USB connection, so hook-up wouldn't be a problem. But is it compatible with any other Logitech PC wheels driver-wise? I tried Google, but nothing useful came up :unsure:.
The biggest reason I'm asking this somewhat silly question is because I want to get the biggest bang for my buck :P. This wheel costs way more than I usually allow myself to spend on controllers...

Adeptus

QuoteI'm having a big dillema - Logitech Driving Force Pro or a PC-only wheel. From what I had gathered, the Force Pro is a very good wheel, but does it work on PC? I read it only uses a USB connection, so hook-up wouldn't be a problem. But is it compatible with any other Logitech PC wheels driver-wise?
I would think so... if it runs on a console then it mustn't need specialty drivers (well... at least not for the console! :P) so my guess would be it uses standard HID drivers.

Of course I could be wrong...  :unsure: and I don't know whether HID supports force feedback???

phreak97

QuoteOf course I could be wrong...  and I don't know whether HID supports force feedback???

psx controllers install as a hid compliant game controller when using the directpad pro wiring and they work fine with force feedback, same with xbox cons, though obviously not wired dpadpro style, theyre usb (i have a version of psxpad which supports xbox if anyone's interested). psxpad does install something else aswel though so maybe the force feedback bit is in that, never remember directpad installing extra though, doesnt that support force feedback?

Adeptus

QuoteOf course I could be wrong...  and I don't know whether HID supports force feedback???
psx controllers install as a hid compliant game controller when using the directpad pro wiring
If you read the original post, the PS2 wheel he's looking at connects via USB.

phreak97

the fact that i was using a psx controller in my example was completely unrelated to his problem, i only used it cos it has force feedback, you misunderstood. all i was talking about was hid compliance. anyway, who says ps2 usb controllers are hid devices anyway?

atom

HE was, because i believe it was somewhat confirmed in another post with the guy making the everything in the world to usb project. You obviously can't install drivers on a playstation 2 (for the most part) so usb controllers for it are believed to be HID compliant.  
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Darkman

Never mind, guys. A kind soul at a local usenet group directed me to a GT fan forum and now I have the drivers. Next part - to get the wheel :D.

atom

Mind posting a link or some other info? We love controller drivers.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN