X68000 disk images to real disks

Started by sananaman, March 20, 2022, 09:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sananaman

Hi,

I'm very new to X68k , what is the best way to write disk images to disks?

Are there ways to do this on a X68000 itself?

What are the options to do it on a PC? Greazeweazle for example, is that an option?

And last, what is a proper way to go the other way around, "Making disk images from real disks"?.
Join X68000 on Discord

Jehuty

In the file archive PC Tools/Disk is Xfloppy to write on a Windows machine and there is also xdftool. With that you can read and write images on X68000.

incrediblehark

Superdeadite has a pretty good video on Youtube on writing X68000 floppies with actual hardware. Worked well for me, and SX Window isn't too difficult to figure out.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: incrediblehark on April 02, 2022, 08:08:07 AMSuperdeadite has a pretty good video on Youtube on writing X68000 floppies with actual hardware. Worked well for me, and SX Window isn't too difficult to figure out.

Wow, people still watch those ancient vids of mine? These days I use DPACK.  Very powerful and supports all the crazy 9-sector formats like 2HS and 2HDE.

Cyothevile

Greaseweazle has worked for me very well for all Japanese computers.

incrediblehark

Quote from: SuperDeadite on April 02, 2022, 04:48:24 PM
Quote from: incrediblehark on April 02, 2022, 08:08:07 AMSuperdeadite has a pretty good video on Youtube on writing X68000 floppies with actual hardware. Worked well for me, and SX Window isn't too difficult to figure out.

Wow, people still watch those ancient vids of mine? These days I use DPACK.  Very powerful and supports all the crazy 9-sector formats like 2HS and 2HDE.

I'm old, and its worked well for me with the few floppies i've written. I'll have to check out DPACK though...

SuperDeadite

Quote from: incrediblehark on April 11, 2022, 10:16:29 AM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on April 02, 2022, 04:48:24 PM

I'm old, and its worked well for me with the few floppies i've written. I'll have to check out DPACK though...

LOL.  Back then I was still using a real platter HDD.  These days I run dual CF cards.  Of course that method will work fine with most 2hd based images.  Though I have gotten some corrupted dumps using it.  DPACK has always given me clean dumps, and it supports all the wacky formats.  Dive On 2016 for example uses 2HDE format, DPACK can handle it perfectly.