psone screen and pinouts PLEASE

Started by v_guru1, December 20, 2003, 08:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

v_guru1

:huh:  Does any one possably know what the resolution of the psone screen is?
right now im using it for a second pc screen via the sony a/v jack. Any pin outs avalable  ;) ? some one told me that the pinouts are diffrent and accept vga.  

NFG

This has been discussed before here.

v_guru1

;)  thanks for the info, but it does not answer my question fully of what is the resolution of the screen and the screen inputs are ya I know the usual PS1 outs, but does the screen support them all?
Is the screen capable of vga / rgb?
Basically what im doing is making it a portable a/v ...( insert video type here) box. I gutted a ps one system added a switch, took the av connector off a ps1 board and added a bunch of jacks so the box becomes a portable pc screen of sorts.
Ill send a picture when im done. If it takes vga i just need to know the what goes to what thats all. Thanks for all the info.
Have a ( insert holiday here) Merry Christmas  :rolleyes:  

seen

The Sony psone lcd doesn't take vga ie 31khz sync, only 15 khz, if you want to get that kind of signal from the computer you might consider the ArcadeVGA board from Ultimarc. As for the pinout, you can get that here. The way to feed the sync to the monitor is to connect the composite sync to the S-Video Y line. That's it. Note: I have never tried the ArcadeVGA or a combination that you might think up. Here's my project's page, I hope it helps you.

seen