dreamcast RCA

Started by watermelon, July 29, 2005, 04:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

watermelon

i want to add rca to my dreamcast but im not sure how to do it.

i was looking at the diagram on gamesx and i can see that pin  2 nd 3 are left/right audio and pin 13 is the composit video, but im not sure how to wire them.

is it jsut a case of wiring them to rca connectors and then to the ground?

thanks for your help

NFG

That's all there is to an RCA connector: the center pin is the signal, the outside is ground.  Make sure they're all grounded and you're ready to go.

watermelon

do i wire them all to the same ground?

kendrick

Ground is ground inside the same closed system, so any ground should work. I think you also have to attach pin 7 of the multi-AV port to ground in order to have the right composite sync rate produced. The Dreamcast AV port is kinda neat, in that you can generate multiple signals from the same pins depending on what you tell it to do. You might want to consider putting a switch on this pin-7 ground connection so that you can switch the RCA jacks on and off as desired, if you plan on using VGA or S-video output occasionally.

-KKC, who can't decide if he should buy a DVD burner or not.

GUTS

Holy crap, KKC, Kendrick Kerwin Chau?  Hah man I remember you from WAY back in the day on rec.games.video.sega!  You always end your posts the same way, that's hilarious I remember that since it's been for freakin ever since I read usenet.  You wouldn't remember me since I mostly lurked or made a total ass of myself ripping on that Raymon McKeithen the 3rd guy (my younger days, what can I say), but it was so out of the blue seeing your sig that I had to say something.