JVC X'eye: Do I need to modify it for RGB?

Started by SL_, October 22, 2004, 09:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SL_

I recently aquired a JVC X'eye and up until this point I imagined that it would be nessicary to modify it for RGB as the main site lists an RGB mod for the console.

Well after finally taking the system out of the box I noticed that it in addition to having RCA jacks in the back it has a standard Genesis 2 A/V port. Which according to the pin-out on listed this site should allow me to tap into the RGB by cutting up a $3 MD scart cable correct?

Are RGB and S-Video disabled through the A/V port? or does the japanese version lack the standard Genesis-2 A/V port and thus requires the mod?

I guess I'm just asking why the mod exists in the first place if it's an already an RGB-capable console?

Thanks in Advance.

~SL_

NFG

Having never owned an X'Eye I can't say for sure, but it's possible the port is an aftermarket feature.  JVC was adding RGB output ports for people who thought they'd want to use a 32X on the system, so perhaps that's what you have.  Maybe the previous owner did it.  I dunno, try it and see what it does.

QuoteHaving never owned an X'Eye I can't say for sure, but it's possible the port is an aftermarket feature.  JVC was adding RGB output ports for people who thought they'd want to use a 32X on the system, so perhaps that's what you have.  Maybe the previous owner did it.  I dunno, try it and see what it does.
That's plausable.

I just ordered a $5 cable from lik-sang that I'm going to tear apart and test in a few days. As far as the port goes it seems stock as the boxed system came with an R/F modulator that uses the port and the A/V Output is label is molded onto the system's shell along with all the other ports.

It really doesn't look like it was touched or altered at all.